How to Keep people out of DCA

." Moving On. Seven of DCA's top-8 corps have voted via email ballots to support the bylaw change that will take away the Renegades vote within DCA. In January, a vote will happen again. At that time, when the 2/3 majority votes to enact the bylaw, it will be official. Thus, the issue appears settled, and I see no point in continuing to oppose it. Accordingly, I have cancelled my plans to attend the January DCA meeting to represent the Renegades, and I do not anticipate attending future DCA meetings. Vote away, my friends. Do what you need to do, I won't get in your way again." From Lees blog

I know that this topic was closed in another thread, but I think that since this site wasn't a DCA site we could discuss this here. You know for the longest time I always said to myself if there ever was drum corps for adults I would do it. For the most part the 3 years I spent with the Renegades have been the absolute time of my life, I was treated better by the fans then I ever was in the Blue Devils or the Blue Knights. But why not by our own organization? There seems to be a hush hush mentality amongst the powers that be and people always say this isn't the place to discuss this, well no one has offered up a place to discuss this other than a DCA meeting. I can't make it to these meetings and our reps are being quieted. Has it occured that the more difficult they make it for us the fewer people are going to participate? They already put us in the most expensive hotels and don't allow us to make our own less expensive accomodations. We travel the farthest and pay the most. DCA you've had plenty of opportunities to address people and you haven't <**> P.S. I posted this here as my own opinion and I do not represent anyone elses beliefs other than my own. And for the 7 corps that supported this... Well i guess you have to do what you have to do to get the advantage <**> P.P.S. If there were at least 1 person in these other corps that had half the heart or smarts Lee has DCA would be a better place. Lee doesn't just do this for the Renegades, he wants to see all od DCA do better. Take off your blinders DCA

Travler Garvey

Thank You Lee!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So much for all those corps that were suppose to vote the other way. :laugh:

:)

Actually..... back in 99/00 DCI tried to screw us and keep us from doing our very first performance ever. Look what that attempted road block brought forward.

DCA and those that voted for this have no idea what they've inspired.

^0^

Muuuaaahaaa haaahaaaa.

Since every ounce of our greatness has come from the strife and attempted road blocks that others have tried to throw our way out of fear and feeling threatened, all I have to say is a very heart felt "Thank You".

:)

Folks, this issue is not worth debating anymore. Let it go.

Let's please kill this thread, and go back to hyping on the 2007 season.

Lee

Lee

Please don't kill this thread by request of the author

I am the author and I approve of this message, Where can we discuss this? Just because I'm not a staff member does this mean that I shouldn't be able to talk about it? The simple fact is things have changed since the last update and I for one feel it's healthy to talk about it. I didn't bash anyone and I hope no one here starts. I just would like to know what impact this has on the corps that will be affected. Does our vote really matter? Does DCA intend on supporting efforts outside of the comfort zone so that all corps can compete on a level playing field? If we have questions like that where should we go? I can't just hop on planes and attend meetings.

Edited by BD3BK2R2

Please don't kill this thread by request of the author

I am the author and I approve of this message, Where can we discuss this? Just because I'm not a staff member does this mean that I shouldn't be able to talk about it? The simple fact is things have changed since the last update and I for one feel it's healthy to talk about it. I didn't bash anyone and I hope no one here starts. I just would like to know what impact this has on the corps that will be affected. Does our vote really matter? Does DCA intend on supporting efforts outside of the comfort zone so that all corps can compete on a level playing field? If we have questions like that where should we go? I can't just hop on planes and attend meetings.

I feel your pain Bro.

I hope Lee reconsiders and goes to that meeting.The more corps we get representing expantion in DCA the better we will ALL be in years to come.

Today is election day.Would we better off if everyone stayed home and didnt cast thier votes? B)

Lee

This whole situation just doesnt make sense at all. It completely stifles growth unless your roots are within the dense area of shows every weekend or you are affluent enough to get your whole corps to travel multiple times per season. I dont know, it seems weird to hype on a season where the governing body of the season doesnt want you or your opinion.

I'd like to know who voted against it...

I think this is a very BAD idea...it will affect all the Western corps...and any other that does not make top 10 (read...all of Class A)

If passed,,It will Affect MCL and Cru too.We will have to step up to the plate with our programs and make finals.

Sadly it will also reduce the incentive to put in 4 shows.Goes totally against what corps should be about.

I think the corps that will vote for this have not thought it all the way through.Less corps attending shows(regardless of where they may be) will be a setback for DCA.

Look at the number of shows 5 years ago in the NE and look at the number of shows in the NE now.They have dropped dramatically.Give it another 5 years and at the same rate of decline,,you will have only one or two shows a year.

2007 will be a interesting year to see where DCA is heading.