Black Knights

That's a really sweet picture.....the guy in the middle needs to point his toes, though!! :)

If you look in the background you'll see he is actually correct, with an unpointed foot.

bellevill74-43.jpg
That's a really sweet picture.....the guy in the middle needs to point his toes, though!! :)
If you look in the background you'll see he is actually correct, with an unpointed foot.
I agree. The guy left of him needs to un-point his foot.

actually, I think the person Jared is referring to IS the guy second from left as you look at the picture... or "the guy in the middle" of that front group of

three baritones...

It's pretty obvious which one of those guys is off just a teensy bit... the camera catches far more than the eye can as it's happening... but I also think

Jared is just playin' in that he does that all the time with no harm intended... he's just sayin' ... :P

Remembering the late Eric Haney; (baritone on left).

BK & Kilties marching member, BK color guard instructor.

My friend.

And that's Bill Knapp on the right with the black electrical tape around the lead pipe. Bill started with the Knights in '67 as a lead sop and soloist. He switched over to bari in '73 and played contra the following year. He current is the brass arranger for the Ainad Shriners Drum Corps from East St Louis.

actually, I think the person Jared is referring to IS the guy second from left as you look at the picture... or "the guy in the middle" of that front group of

three baritones...

It's pretty obvious which one of those guys is off just a teensy bit... the camera catches far more than the eye can as it's happening... but I also think

Jared is just playin' in that he does that all the time with no harm intended... he's just sayin' ... :P

Still not bad considering it's heel-knee. My God!

For those who haven't seen this corps on video (or in real-life), you really need to do it. --and I have only seen them in the little snippet on the 74 DVD.

Edited by ravedodger

• 4 weeks later...
Lackland AFB does have a drum and and bugle corps. From what I remember if you had any musical ability when you arrived for basic training, they put you in the D&BC flight, in which you would have to perform for the weekly graduations. You would still go through the rigors of basic, but you would also have the additional task of the D&BC.

I never got asked, so I never made a stink about it.

I know Keesler (MS) has a D&BC too. But I was going to school at night time, so I wasnt able to participate in their group. I do recall there being some guys and gals from DCI in that group. (Southwind, and BD)

Lackland was a diff policy when i was in basic...they recruited for teh D&BC for 2 weeks, then off for 2 weeks...I arrived during the off time. A shame...my sop skills were still fresh, since it was only a few months after 84 finals.

I did the Keesler corps, too (referenced in my sig block)...was brass arranger, bugle sgt, etc. Ahhh...life in the Triangle!!!

Wow! Old school. The TRIANGLE. That is still there. I was down there this past Jan or Feb. at Kessler with Tops in Blue and the surrounding community looked like a war zone. (Still recovering with the hurricane.) The base didnt look all too bad, but still...a lot of things were closed...the commissary, the Enlisted club.

84 BD...Bad ###...Looking forward to the BD alumni Ens.