The Cadets and SCV's amp problems

Bothered?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. The amp problems bother me:

• A lot
    • A little
    • Hadn't noticed

Just out of curiosity... every time I hear The Cadets and SCV especially, all I can ever focus on at the time it happens is the awful amp crackling and voice cutouts. :doh: The whole opener for SCV is littered with awful noise... and I wonder if others here are just shaken out of listening to annoyance each time you hear it... How much do the amp problems annoy you whe you listen?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm...there's about four or five minutes of the Cadets show I just can't bring myself to listen to because the amps pick up the singer and characters singing and talking. As for SCV, the amp problems are barely noticeable (the only time you can really notice them is the end of the percussion interlude before the brass come back in in the opener). They just sound like really loud snare rimshots to me. And believe me, NOTHING could detract from the enjoyment of listening to SCV's show.

And believe me, NOTHING could detract from the enjoyment of listening to SCV's show.

Cast one vote from Florida for "overwhelming pit volume."

I do like your signature though.

Hmmm...there's about four or five minutes of the Cadets show I just can't bring myself to listen to because the amps pick up the singer and characters singing and talking. As for SCV, the amp problems are barely noticeable (the only time you can really notice them is the end of the percussion interlude before the brass come back in in the opener). They just sound like really loud snare rimshots to me. And believe me, NOTHING could detract from the enjoyment of listening to SCV's show.

To be fair, I only meant the technical problems...

Issues such as these are exactly why I wish that so many groups had not jumped on the rule change "bandwagon" for lack of a better term, because it causes these types of issues.

I know, I know, when we switched keys and added other elements to the rules things did not/have not always worked but much of that is human error, not some amp that can just short out and not have the problem fixed immediately, oh well, I am probably stuck in the dark ages or something.

Yes.

Carolina Crown 2006 should be the gold standard on this...the amps were barely noticable.

yea, so was the pit. and the drumline...i really didn't like their entire percussion section...it just didn't seem to mesh as well with the horns and the music. writing problem? maybe...

yea, so was the pit. and the drumline...i really didn't like their entire percussion section...it just didn't seem to mesh as well with the horns and the music. writing problem? maybe...

I don't think "unobtrusive" is a writing problem. He makes a good point.