Contra Gal!

ContraEH

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there!

This is Jocelyne (Bandette's contra player) just wondering if YOU think girls can play contra?! :rolleyes:

Keep on Keepin' on...eh! B)

The Syracuse Brigadiers have had a girl on contra since 99, she is the section leader this year. They also had a second girl in 2000 and I think 99 also.

^0^

Guest sburstall

Roch. Crusaders has a female contra player...Chrissy...

Not to mention that when I was playing with Eastern Mich. band, we had a female sousaphone/tubaist...

I apologize for not reading all of the way through this post but here is my answer.

"Girls" I mean ladies/woman can do anything they want to do, be it contra or anything else.

Not that we had the greatest drum line in the world-almost in 84 or 85, but we had a snare in our line from 78 to 81....back then they said women couldn't play them either.

"Boys" - I mean men do guard quite nicely, who would have thunk?

I know that's a difference story all together, the guard thing, but whatever...

• 2 weeks later...

Girls on Contras? Man... I thought this debate was over LONG ago.

Personally, I'd like to ask if anyone thinks its possible for a Sop to handle a Contra. Heh heh heh. And... I mean that without any specialized vitamins or training.

Seriously speaking though... the only concern I really have about it is whether or not there are any really cute ContraGal's in my future. It'd be nice to play around sometime, with someone of like interests... B)

Well, you would think...

Corpsvets just reached a new era....

Their very first contra chick.

:rolleyes:

cheers

Very cool!

BTW, when I was in the USC band, we had a young woman in the sousaphone section - all 5 feet of her! And to answer the question, yes, I think women can play not only contra, but any instrument we men can play.