Is Carolina Crown 2006 the best 8th place show ever?

Carolina Crown 2006  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Is Carolina Crown 2006 the best 8th place show ever?

• Yes
    • No

My live experiences began in 1990, so I can't comment intelligently before that...but out of the shows I've seen live (including Xmen 91 and PR 92), yes I would consider Crown 06 the best 8th place corps.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I am concerned.................YES!!!!!!!! :worthy:

good show, but others come to mind. Madison 03, SCV 05, Crossmen 91, I would put above.

ditto, ditto, ditto. in a different order, but agree that they are better shows.

I gotta believe Phantom 99 is above and beyond any show listed here. As far as 8th place shows, this corps in this year ranks supreme. Their brass performance excels above a level that Crown has yet to touch.

... which is obviously the only thing one needs to have a knock down, drag out show? Was their brass good... sure... better than any brass performance by, say, Phantom Regiment in an 8th place year... maybe the one you cite above? Not a chance. Too bright and mushy for me... lay some chocolate on me; now thats the stuff I'm looking for.

Breathe-dah schmeathe-dah. Give me some regiment power or give me nothing.

PS: Battery. Nuff said.

Well that is cool if you want chocolate, but that 99' vintage had a bit to much Grrrr in it. Crown's nimble BMWs would have toasted those Buicks head to head.

Well that is cool if you want chocolate, but that 99' vintage had a bit to much Grrrr in it. Crown's nimble BMWs would have toasted those Buicks head to head.

Hahaha....I just smirked at the thought of a baritone-off. It's like a scene from drumline but with bari lines playing chorales at each other and like....playing the other corps' valves and all.

(or euphonium, i guess)

Baritone battles, good idea! Maybe while one corps is playing a lick, the other guys will take their valves so it comes out as one of their licks :D