Brass Roots tonight on DCI.org

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was...chilling. I need to go wipe the tears off my keyboard.

What were the two BEAUTIFUL songs they played at the end? One by a corps, and one by an orchestra...

I'm so glad I made plans to watch it... I've heard many of these stories before, and it was nice to hear them (and plenty that I hadn't heard) again.

It was also neat to see Fred Sanford, too. I remember getting to meet him a couple times in the mid 90s, and I was really impressed by his passion for education.

Thanks DCI, that was fun... ^OO^

That was...chilling. I need to go wipe the tears off my keyboard.

What were the two BEAUTIFUL songs they played at the end? One by a corps, and one by an orchestra...

The first was You'll Never Walk Alone (Madison's corps song), though I may have missed one; I had to take a phone call. The second was Danny Boy (27th's corps song).

That was awesome. Really enhanced my knowledge on the 60s/70s era; that was really my weak point in drum corps history.

EDIT: Got beat to it.

Edited by crashhelmi36

The first was You'll Never Walk Alone (Madison's corps song), though I may have missed one; I had to take a phone call. The second was Danny Boy (27th's corps song).

That was awesome. Really enhanced my knowledge on the 60s/70s era; that was really my weak point in drum corps history.

EDIT: Got beat to it.

:music: This was my era of drum corps....started in '66, and still going.

All of those memories put a lump in my throat. Magical moments in time. I hope the young people of today still get the same life changing effect as we did back then. Rondinaro summed it up nicely....the lessons learned from corps will stay with you your whole life, and most likely you will be successful, no matter what you do.

41 years this year, and I'll most likely do this till I am dead. :angel:

See ya on the field!

Yeah that was awesome. If they had like a monthly or quarterly get together of just random folks, (they dont have to be famous) in drum corps talk about their DCI experiences from say...only 82 guard members or 93 staff members, 77 brass guys, or 68 drumline dudes that would be entertaining.

Sooo many good stories...