Who's slipping into finals this year?

If I had to guess, I'd guess Colts popping in, Spirit dropping out... maybe Madison.

I definately do not see the Spirit or the BK moving out of finals any time in the near future... There shows were awesome this year. Yes, they could have done a better job, but I'm sure they will make progress each year, and possible win the championship in the future.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year was only the second time in DCI history that the same 12 corps made finals as the year before, so I'm thinking at least one will drop out this year. Spirit and Glassmen seem the obvious choices based on last years placement. However, both have added new staff; Spirit in their weak area of visuals. But as we've seen with Madison and SCV in recent years, no corps is immune to a tough season, especially since competition in the top 15 is very fierce.

I see either Colts or Blue Stars, maybe both, pushing into the top 12. Colts are really going to be pushing for it after being 13th two years in a row.

I think Crossmen will be improved, but with new leadership, many new members and staff, I think it will be another year before they make it back into finals.

I see Academy and Troopers rounding out the top 17.

Based on the winter , last season , and nothing at all.

1-Blue Devils

2-SCV

3-Cavies

4-Phantom

5-Bluecoats

6-Cadets

7-Crown

8-Glassmen

9-Crossmen

10-Blue knights

11-Colts

12-Madison /Spirit

---------------------

13-madison /Spirit

14- Boston

15-Blue stars

16-Troopers

17-Academy

Just curious, what has Crossmen and Colts done this fall that would indicate such a big jump in placement? What has Spirit, Boston and Blue Stars done to indicate a fall? How can the Troopers come back after a year off and have their highest placement in twelve years? Not that your predictions will not come true, but hard to see the justification for predicting this in November.

By the way, yes I am a Blue Star alum and based on what I am hearing about staff and member retention, audition camp turnout and momentum, I believe the Blue Stars will improve on last years placement.

Just curious, what has Crossmen and Colts done this fall that would indicate such a big jump in placement? What has Spirit, Boston and Blue Stars done to indicate a fall? How can the Troopers come back after a year off and have their highest placement in twelve years? Not that your predictions will not come true, but hard to see the justification for predicting this in November.

By the way, yes I am a Blue Star alum and based on what I am hearing about staff and member retention, audition camp turnout and momentum, I believe the Blue Stars will improve on last years placement.

Crossmen new home in Texas.

over 500 total at camp.

Colts

13th 2 years in a row.

Michael Ceserio.

Troopers

very good staff.

good designers.

better than they had in quite a while.

Blue stars no changes as big as others.

Spirit lost cavie design team

Boston been slipping

Madison lost staff

Cadets smallest turn out in years

BD/SCV home field .

Based on the winter , last season , and nothing at all.

1-Blue Devils

2-SCV

3-Cavies

4-Phantom

5-Bluecoats

6-Cadets

7-Crown

8-Glassmen

9-Crossmen

10-Blue knights

11-Colts

12-Madison /Spirit

---------------------

13-madison /Spirit

14- Boston

15-Blue stars

16-Troopers

17-Academy

Sorry, but I just dont see Phantom dropping down to 4th after the past couple of season. And Blue Stars WILL BE higher than 15.

Crossmen new home in Texas.

over 500 total at camp.

Colts

13th 2 years in a row.

Michael Ceserio.

Troopers

very good staff.

good designers.

better than they had in quite a while.

Blue stars no changes as big as others.

Spirit lost cavie design team

Boston been slipping

Madison lost staff

Cadets smallest turn out in years

BD/SCV home field .

although there was about 500 at camp for crossmen in sa, a huge majority were there for percussion, around 400 i believe, there was about 100 or so there for brass, and most of the ones that showed up for brass were very young, so it may take a while to build up