Really Non-Clean Champion Shows

In a spin-off of from the other topic, what do you think are some shows that won the gold but were certainly not as well executed as some of the other shows?

I think the first one that will come to mind to many people is Cadets 2000. I think this is the greatest show every performed in the history of DCI, but come on...definitely not their best performance.

Which other ones would you guys say fall into this category?

SCV 1999

1991 Star of Indiana, drill was dirty, that's by nature of their demand though

1993 Cadets, quite a bit of foot phasing here and there, but that's because demand again.

There were parts of Cadets 2000 brass wise towards the end, but overall i thought it was clean.

1994 Blue Devils not exactly the cleanest drill.....

1997 Blue Devils color guard, hm...........?

1998 The Cadets brass and guard.. hmm... yeah maybe it was just them off a little, visually wow, but those two sections.

2006 Cavaliers - ummm not exactly all there with the dots here and there, clean up there were some noticable "off dots"

these are almost all because the demand at those sections or shows were too hard to keep everything in sync, not cus they just decided to be dirty or didn't deserve it

• Like 1

BD's colorguard in 97?

Yeah those flag poles weren't exactly as strong as other years.

Madison 75. Dirty drill. Dirty drums. Great show, nonetheless.

Yeah those flag poles weren't exactly as strong as other years.

Interesting, because I've alwas thought of their guard as one of the strong points of the show. Sorry, just not used to people calling BD 97 on cleanliness, especially with the guard. :)

But I completely agree with every other show you mentioned. And I'd add SCV 99 and Phantom 96.