Early 2007 Predictions

I honestly think the top twelve may stay the same, different order of course. The only iffys would be Spirit, Glassmen, and Madison IMO. I do think Colts have a shot at it but not Academy or Bluestars, not yet at least.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My turn!

1. Cadets - rumor has it they have A LOT of vets compared to their rookie corps last year. (something like 35-40 vets in the hornline compared to the 21 they had last year?)

2. Cavies - they have to be on disc 1 of the finals DVD...not sure how much a Europe trip will affect the green machine...new visual caption head?? I think their battery is going to come around more this year under the Cassella regime and probably win drums.

3. Bluecoats - they are going to continue there shock-the-world rise one placement at a time. This time knocking out two more giants...BD and Phantom

4. Blue Devils - i strongly believe there will be 'musical chairs' in placements between Coats, BD, and Vanguard all season...with coats leap frogging on finals night the same way they've done from 04-06....and BD will leave finals retreat furious the second year in a row.

5. Vanguard - a lot of pressure on Sly (big expectations) to clean this corps up visually. they could place higher if they perform visually Cavalier caliber...just too unconvincing with there feet from 03-06 (IMHO and the DVDs :P )

6. Phantom- (remember MY OPINION!) ok... 2003- edged out SCV finals night. 2004 - quiet year from the people out of Rockford. 2005 - entertaining show, but i think caught DCI on an off year with the fall of SCV and BD's un-quality (made up the word) show design. 2006 - had a good year for them. my point is that I think they are more of a 'hit-n-miss' corps than people realize and the placements and scores are misleading. so i think Phantom will not get lucky with anyone in the top 5 having off years, and it just so happens they have there off year...plus I dont like watching them march in baggy white pants that make them appear cleaner than they really are...hm!

7. Crown - losing to BK was unfortunate (but i agree with it after i watched the DVDs). Beddis can make this VERY interesting connecting a missing piece to their competitve puzzle. I think the bridge between the top 5/6 wont be as large as previous years. kinda remind me of the Manning and the Colts...always strong and lovable, but fall short of the big dance.

8. Boston - probably the shakiest corps (well, second to Madison) with staff changes. Myron can proove to be good? but hornline and guard have suffered in quality from year to year. dont think a strong drumline will carry you any further than 8th.

9. Glassmen - them and Spirit will def. be swapping placings early in the season, than they pull away in the end. they've had a great staff for a few years now, dont know what they've been waiting for...maybe the fall of Madison?

10. Blue Knights - i strongly believe last year was a fluke...after watching their show, I think they deserved there 7th place finish, but did not thoroughly enjoy the show. there shows are so similar year in and year out....expect a drop from them

11. Crossmen - I think people are really underestimating the abilities of Marc Sylvestor. His ability to teach and clean is probably the best in the game. a few other key staff additions and expect them to push for 10th.

12. Colts - this spot could easily be them or Spirit. I just predict that Colts finish strong and Spirit finishes weak by finals week.

other corps:

Blue Stars - many would like to see them in Finals, I just dont see it quite yet despite of their cute cinderella season last year. yeah yeah, Ron Hardon...im not convinced that he will have them cleaned up more than Sylvestor w/ the Crossmen. I wasnt that impressed with SCV's visual performance execution under him (they had energy! but i think it was sloppy) and he isnt going to have the maturity level and average age like SCV.

Madison - yeah, I know... America's favorite little corps and we'd all love to come to their aid and protect them from the mean predictions that have no faith!! I think its time for you Madison nuts to hang the hat in attempting to pretend that their staff revamp will still make this corps as competitive. there's a reason their big names left. there's a reason the vet status is horribly low. and theres a reason the audition numbers were very sub-par. expect a big drop from them...last 2 times I can recall corps taking major blows from staff changes was SCV 05 and Magic 04...both took very big competitive hits.

lol, don't see that

Don't see what? Glassmen loosing momentum? Open your eyes.

2001 - 5th place

2002 - 8th place

2003 - 14th place

2004 - 12th place

2005 - 11th place

2006 - 11th place

You don't think going from 5th to 14th in three years...and then hovering around 11th and 12 for the next three is "losing momentum"? :grouphug:

or spirit holding on to 12 dont see the glassmen falling out either

I don't think Spirit will hold on to 12th either. I think they will move up, as will Madison and either Colts or Blue Stars will move in and bump Glassmen out. I might be wrong and eat my words later but based on what we know about recent show announcements, recent staff announcements and recent audition reports, this is what sounds most likely to me.

Edited by passionatedc

Don't see what? Glassmen loosing momentum? Open your eyes.

2001 - 5th place

2002 - 8th place

2003 - 14th place

2004 - 12th place

2005 - 11th place

2006 - 11th place

You don't think going from 5th to 14th in three years...and then hovering around 11th and 12 for the next three is "losing momentum"? :grouphug:

I don't think Spirit will hold on to 12th either. I think they will move up, as will Madison and either Colts or Blue Stars will move in and bump Glassmen out. I might be wrong and eat my words later but based on what we know about recent show announcements, recent staff announcements and recent audition reports, this is what sounds most likely to me.

Well by your thought process Crossmen are going down lower, i thought we were basing our predictions of of more things than placement. If we were to do that than Phantom would be around 8th or sixth if history serves us correct.

Well by your thought process Crossmen are going down lower, i thought we were basing our predictions of of more things than placement. If we were to do that than Phantom would be around 8th or sixth if history serves us correct.

Yes, Crossmen too are very iffy and may very well stay out of finals or even go down a place or two from last year due to the very same issues. I have them predicted in 13th at the moment. However, their chances of moving back in are much more likely based on the fact that their staff changes and program planning seems to be going in a more positive direction than the Glassmen. I hate that it's beginning to look like I have a beef with Glassmen. I don't. I just see them being a much more likely drop than any other finalist contender at this point in time. Like I said, I may be totally wrong and eat my words later. But this whole thing where Madison and Spirit are being targeted as the most likely finalist drop outs with Glassmen being a nearly locked prediction to stay in just does not seem like a well thought out educated guess right now. We will have to wait and see though. The way I see it, ONE corps has a very solid shot at getting in who hasn't been in the last two years. Colts. Aside from them, I don't see anyone else moving up and at this point. Nor do I see any other finalist besides Glassmen moving out. I think Madison will stay in. I think Boston will stay in. I think Spirit will stay in. I think Glassmen will move out for Colts to move in.

Edited by passionatedc

6. Phantom- ...plus I dont like watching them march in baggy white pants that make them appear cleaner than they really are...hm!

This is a joke right? White pants make every speck of dirt show; it's black pants that make corps look clean.

Madison - yeah, I know... America's favorite little corps and we'd all love to come to their aid and protect them from the mean predictions that have no faith!! I think its time for you Madison nuts to hang the hat in attempting to pretend that their staff revamp will still make this corps as competitive. there's a reason their big names left. there's a reason the vet status is horribly low. and theres a reason the audition numbers were very sub-par. expect a big drop from them...last 2 times I can recall corps taking major blows from staff changes was SCV 05 and Magic 04...both took very big competitive hits.

Nice attitude. Are you one of those who would love to come to their aid? I highly doubt it.

Sometimes a board has to let go of people for the long term benefit of the organization. What's

more important, climbing the competative ladder or getting out of debt and actually being

able to feild a corps for years to come? Maybe the Scouts will fall back a little this year, but

at least they'll have a chance at recovering financially. Then again, maybe this staff is highly

qualified and can keep them competative.

"Hey!"

ferrellcaray1.jpg

:drool:

:doh:

magic of or-bando

Ok, the first couple times it was cute, but now its just plain uncalled for...