Early 2007 Predictions

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Cadets ended their opener on concert D which is probably one of the worst chords to play intune thus making if more difficult to be "loud". Does anyone know more on this?

Concert E major actually for Kill Bill (what were we thinking) and Db major for the resolution in garden....The closer was D major. It has a lot to do with overtones...in a Bb major chord, most horns in the ensemble are on an open note, which means its easier to be loud. Phantom over the years has been very friendly to Bb major, although this year i give them more credit as they played a lot of darker music and chords.

Concert E major actually for Kill Bill (what were we thinking) and Db major for the resolution in garden....The closer was D major. It has a lot to do with overtones...in a Bb major chord, most horns in the ensemble are on an open note, which means its easier to be loud. Phantom over the years has been very friendly to Bb major, although this year i give them more credit as they played a lot of darker music and chords.

Haha sorry I guess my memory isn't as good as yours :P

16th or higher - Seattle Cascades

I wouldn't count out Cascades just yet. From what reliable sources (and I mean staff/members) have told me, they have a lot of returning vets returning (from the Lewis Norfleet and Steve Menefee brass caption era --2001 through 2003, who are wanting to be a part of this even more now that they are back!). They produced some outstanding hornlines during those years, with those members. Look for a stronger hornline (comparable if not better than 2002/03) and a strong visual program. One year out of semi-finals does not mean goodbye again! Maybe last year is what they needed, to get them OUT of the direction that many felt they were going.

They have a smart design and tech team this season, who will make the right decisions from the start, instead of waiting until the middle of tour to figure it out!

I agree with this statement.

Did you see what Norfleet did with OC?

9th -> 4th.

I'm thinking Seattle Cascades could quickly be back in the mix. I predict a battle between SC and Academy. That'd be fun.

To be young and so very naive again. We see the Green Propaganda Machine is in overdrive this winter. Moving up even one place would be considered a great accomplishment for them. Hope you are not too disappointed, kid.

maybe a little harsh and uncalled for?

M

DCI 2007

1. Phantom

2. Blue Devils

3. Blue Coats

4. Cavaliers

5. Santa Clara

6. Crown

7. Cadets

8. Boston

9. Glassmen

10. Blue Knights

11. Madison

12. Colts

13. Blue Stars

14. Crossmen

15. Spirit

16. Troopers

17. Arizona Academy

18. Southwind

19. Mandarins

20. Pacific Crest

21. Seattle Cascades

22. Esperenza

23. Pioneer

24. Kiwanis Kavaliers

Who cares? It will be fun. But just to throw it in.....Spirit top 10.