Early 2007 Predictions

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you brought up his name....I found this interesting tidbit about Larry Kerchner, BTW, Pio misspelled his name in his bio on their website.

"Larry Kerchner Composed and Produced Kwanzaa anthem, “Happy Kwanzaa!”" Just thought it was interesting.

Also the list of celebrity artists he's worked with is impressive. Especially Paul Anka and Ann Jillian! How cool is that? He's even wrote some of our most memorable commercials! And he's a two-time Grammy nominee. He's been writing for a couple of DCA corps too. Pioneer was lucky to get him before another corps got a hold of him.

I expect huge things after seeing his resume. HUGE! I would be disappointed if Pioneer didn't jump to 16th.

Is Mr. Kerchner marching and playing all the parts on the field as well? Because it really doesn't matter if God himself wrote your book, it's how it's performed in August that matters.

So did Pioeer fire you and Morgan Hill or were they just smart enough not to hire you. Did Roman run over your cat with one of the Pioneer busesNo wonder PL iolde

Now that I have a little more info, I'll go ahead and do a prediction list. Understanding of course that it's early and I may be WAY wrong.

1. Cavaliers

2. Blue Devils

3. Santa Clara Vanguard

4. Phantom Regiment

5. Cadets

6. Carolina Crown

7. Bluecoats

8. Madison Scouts

9. Spirit

10. Blue Knights

11. Boston Crusaders

12. Colts

13. Crossmen

14. Blue Stars

15. Glassmen

16. Mandarins

17. Academy

18. Pacific Crest

19. Troopers

20. Esperanza

after that - not sure what I would guess.

So how is Legion doing this year....

A question best asked to a Mr. Lindquist or Mr. Logston. They were in charge when Legion was folded. Perhaps it was after Logston was let go, So far in the past, all the members have since aged out. I don't live in the past like some people.

So did Pioeer fire you and Morgan Hill or were they just smart enough not to hire you. Did Roman run over your cat with one of the Pioneer busesNo wonder PL iolde

Never worked with Pioneer. Never a big fan since they moved to Div. I. They were a powerhouse in Div. II in the 90s. They just seem to be stuck there...kind of like you.

Since I do not wish misinformation spread, Legion folded because Regiment's Board no longer wished to commit funds for a feeder corps that wasn't feeding significant Rockford members. I'm happy that in my brief tenure with the orgnization, they won DCM and finished second in DCI Div. III to Mandarins.

Roman ran over a cat? It wasn't any cat I know. When Pioneer marches Bb horns, I'll pay attention again.

A question best asked to a Mr. Lindquist or Mr. Logston. They were in charge when Legion was folded. Perhaps it was after Logston was let go, So far in the past, all the members have since aged out. I don't live in the past like some people.

Tom my brother was one of the drum major for a few years with Phantom legion/Cadets and he suggested that maybe Phantom during his time was to aggressive with Legion/Cadets and that instead of developing local talent and feeding the big corp they grew to fast. I remember there being talk of them moving up a division because at that time they were almost as big as the senior corp. It didn't help their ambitions when the Cadets where winning alot.

Edited by Phantombari1

Tom my brother was one of the drum major for a few years with Phantom legion/Cadets and he suggested that maybe Phantom during his time was to aggressive with Legion/Cadets and that instead of developing local talent and feeding the big corp they grew to fast. I remember there being talk of them moving up a division because at that time they were almost as big as the senior corp. It didn't help their ambitions win the Cadets where winning alot.

I agree...while winning is cool and important, the main focus of PRC/PL should have been to give more local students an opportunity to march with the organization. The design was to teach these young people what it takes to be in the Regiment and encourage them to audition when they were ready.

The organization went through some pretty stupid times in the late 90s and really took their eyes off the ball. There's tons of blame for why this feeder corps folded, but it should rest on the BoD and Executive Director. They determined the corps wasn't meeting the objectives of getting local kids into the Regiment. This was afterIn those years, Pioneer was a better feeder corps for Regiment than PRC/PL was.

I resigned from Legion in 1998, again they went on to win DCM Div. III and placed 2nd in Florida at championships that year. They continued to march the entire 1999 season under different leadership. I think they finished 3rd at DCM that year and 4th at finals.

So, I was never involved in the folding of Legion. It was BoD decision based on expenses to run a Div. III corps versus the number and quality of local membership it was producing to go forward and march Regiment.

by blue stars fan, you really mean you march there, right? :sshh:

The problem with Blue Stars in finals is that two corps currently ahead of them are going to have to drop down. I see maybe one, but two dropping below levels of last year. I also see Glassmen having a better year, so I think 14th...13th best is a very realistic position for Blue Stars. At least for now...for December...lol.