Early 2007 Predictions

I'd like to take this oppurtunity to address the placement that people are giving the Troopers for this year. Most people, in their predictions, have put the Troopers in semi-final position.

I haven't been to an audition camp yet. I haven't met the staff. BUT from what I have heard and read, the Troopers are going to make a strong showing. They're going to put on the best show they can. And, if I do make it into Troopers (come to think of it, even if I don't), I know I am certainly grateful for the support the rest of the drum corps world has given us.

I'm sure they hope that they don't disappoint.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with Blue Stars in finals is that two corps currently ahead of them are going to have to drop down. I see maybe one, but two dropping below levels of last year. I also see Glassmen having a better year, so I think 14th...13th best is a very realistic position for Blue Stars. At least for now...for December...lol.

Agreed.

Crossmen are moving up (had there worst season since 1987) .

do you think with over 400 at camp and a much better design team including HOF Mark Sylvester thatthey might move up ?

Colts add Michael Cesario not a bad catch.

they must pass these two just to come in 13th.

predictions 2007

1-Blue Devils-clean drill last season, need the muscle back.

2-Cavaliers-always great

3-SCV -SHOULD BE A clean machine

4-Phantom -a step back

5-Bluecoats -no news yet,

6-Crown -fixed percussion

7-Cadets-bad camp numbers.lost sylvester-Hopkins program co.???

8-Crossmen -close to cadets,hahahaha would be great.

9-Glassmen-need to fix brass

10-Blue Knights-getting sick of dark and strange.

11-Boston-could be higher

12-Colts-its time.

----------------------------

13-Madison-close

14-Spirit-good show

15-Blue stars-better show than 2006 ,not as safe.

16-academy=????

17-seattle-why not ?

Agreed.

Crossmen are moving up (had there worst season since 1987) .

do you think with over 400 at camp and a much better design team including HOF Mark Sylvester thatthey might move up ?

I keep hearing this over and over, how Crossmen will get back in finals because Hall-of-Famer Mark Sylvester is writing their drill. He is also writing drill for the Cascades, so perhaps you should consider them a threat to return to the top 12 as well.

I keep hearing this over and over, how Crossmen will get back in finals because Hall-of-Famer Mark Sylvester is writing their drill. He is also writing drill for the Cascades, so perhaps you should consider them a threat to return to the top 12 as well.

Theres several reasons for that

Reason # 1 - The Crossmen placed higher than the cascades ever year in recent memory

Reason # 2 - The Crossmen have an amazing design staff with the likes of Aaron Guidry and Marc Sylvester

Reason # 3 - The Crossmen had over 400 people at their Auditions, and The Texas talent

Reason # 4- The Crossmen are the Crossmen.... :P

It surprises me to see people put Spirit as 14-16 range, even though 13 was the lowest placement in recent years. Expect more from Baby blue this year now that the horn line has adjusted to Dr. Chip Crotts

just like he was from 1989-2003...and i'm pretty sure there were some HOT shows in there

*edited for language by me*

what about the horrible camp turnout ? Seems no one is buying . Is it time for George to retire ?

It surprises me to see people put Spirit as 14-16 range, even though 13 was the lowest placement in recent years. Expect more from Baby blue this year now that the horn line has adjusted to Dr. Chip Crotts

Problem is, if one or more of the corps people are predictiong to move up into finals actually do, then somebody has to fall out. It's just logical at this early point to push out the 11 and 12 place corps from last year. Some do have other corps pushed out as well. I don't think any one really means to knock one corps so much as to root and hope for a favorite.

I really enjoy Spirit's horn line. The corps does a great job with music.

But their show designs, especially visual aspects, aren't quite at the level of their competition. Maybe the new visual staff will help this out and keep them in finals. We'll see?