Audition Camp Attendance

mic'd up, baby!

No speakers would be able to handle that sound.

The stadium might even crumble to the power.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back on topic, I hope that some of the kids who are not getting asked back to bigger Division I corps are being referred to others. It's a hard thing for a 17 year old kid who has had his heart set on marching Cavaliers to decide he needs to go check out Div. II for a year or two. The reality is, the only way you are going to get better at drum corps is by doing it.

You might become a better player by taking a summer off to work technically, but if you really want to march corps and get turned down by your first choice, you have to find another group. Most smaller organizations won't take it as a slap in the face if you march there and decide to go Division I. I mean, we are talking 600 Phantom, 500 Crown, 300 Cadets, probably well over 6 or 700 for Cavaliers- all going for 135. You could probably take the best kids who didn't make those corps I just mentioned and make DCI Finals, with the right staff and show concept. You can't get discouraged and think that you suck because you didn't make one of the top marching organizations in the world in your first couple years. After all, this is drum corps, and the most important thing is the experience of a lifetime, not winning a ring.

Then you have corps like BD that take tapes, have camps in Concord, and audition people at BOA events - I don't even want to think how many people that corps sees after all is said and done.

90 in NJ... probably 75-80 were for Cadets.

dunno about GA, prolly 20-30 were brass of the 50ish total?

Do the Cadets still do the thing where their vets don't come to the very first audition camp? That could be part of their lower numbers.