Audition Camp Attendance

There used to be a practice where div 1 corps would send their cut list to div 2/3 corps that requested it. It was actually a pretty good way to get people that wanted to march, but were not sure if div 2/3 was right for them.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There used to be a practice where div 1 corps would send their cut list to div 2/3 corps that requested it. It was actually a pretty good way to get people that wanted to march, but were not sure if div 2/3 was right for them.

It is a hard thing to be rejected, no matter what the reason. However, Dennis DeYoung said, "Winners are just losers who got up and gave it one more try." So, in that vein, for all of you that have not experienced the success you wished for at your auditions, I highly encourage you to look around at the various Div II/III corps, but also at all the All-Age corps around. All-Age corps are a great way to march alongside people who have marched Div I, as well as providing you a great way to mature musically and personally. And a personal plug, if you are in the Twin Cities of Minnesota and looking for a fun place to march and make new friends, you can always give Chops a call, http:///www.chopsinc.com. We have several members that are going to be marching Div I corps after spending many years with us. They are what you will be one day. Come on out.

And for everyone else, go get your tickets for the 2007 season and see all of these great kids out there working their butts off.

Cheers,

Bob

heard a rumor cadets only took 10-20 players from auditions

I think you're misrepresenting (intentionally??) the post Hoppy made about asking back 20 of the 50 who atteneded the first time Atlanta camp they did over Thanksgiving weekend.

The rest of your misinformed posting (about low vet numbers) adds to why I wonder about the intentions of your post.

Bluecoats had 150 horns, over 70 trumpets, 25-ish mellos, 23 tubas, 60 baritones. A ton of guard, and a ton of battery and about 15 pit. Great talent! Great kids! Great weekend!

That would be a cool name for a corps: "On the field, from Everywhere, USA, NOT ASKED BACK!"

Presenting their 2007 show, "So you thought you could cut ME, huh?"

Wouldn't you love to see that happen and have them kick everyone's ###? They'd be hungry for the wins...... ^0^

Bluecoats had 150 horns, over 70 trumpets, 25-ish mellos, 23 tubas, 60 baritones. A ton of guard, and a ton of battery and about 15 pit. Great talent! Great kids! Great weekend!

plus the texas horns, which i don't have a number for.

"Bluecoats had 150 horns, over 70 trumpets, 25-ish mellos, 23 tubas, 60 baritones. A ton of guard, and a ton of battery and about 15 pit. Great talent! Great kids! Great weekend!"

I don't think the numbers were that high, especially since those numbers don't even really add up to 150. Pretty sure it was something like 50some Trumpets, 45 baris, 25 mello, 23 tubas, Rough estimate for Ohio, and whatever other numbers in Texas to add up to 220 horns auditioning in November alone.

Edited by Steve709

My girls and I were at Spirit at JSU this weekend. They announced that between the tryouts at JSU and Texas, around 450 total trying out. Vicki