Is It Okay To Ask For Your Money Back?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, that would be stupid, and you're not allowed to anyway.

I don't think it could happen. Wouldn't even hold up if taken to court because there really isn't anything anywhere that says "money back guaranteed if not satisfied." But I don't know.

I wonder what the nature of the complaint is. (not that I think they'd get their money back)

but, if you don't mind sharing, what's the nature of the issue this person had with camp? :worthy:

If you pay tuition fees upfront, you should be able to get that back.

Usually, no. Most corps' membership contracts read that, if you decide to quit after paying a portion of all of your tour fees (tuition, whatever), the fees are non-refundable. Many also say that, if you do not uphold an expected standard (i.e., performance, behavioral), you can be cut and any fees paid to that point are non-refundable. If you have something such as a medical problem, death of an immediate family member, etc., most will refund your money, minus a small amount for expenses already incurred (i.e., food).

actually, most are refundable up to a certain point. most corps have cutoff dates.... like X back after this date, X back after the next date etc.

it's not like if you paid 300.00 in tour fees, then have to quit in january, you're not going to get most (if not all) of that back.

the later the season goes, the less you get back