Colts Announce 2007 Show

Is this the time to point out that winter, snowy nights, etc, are related to the winter 'solstice', not the equinox? (equinoxes happen in September and March) B)

Well, I wish them luck, but honestly, this corps is still in search of an identity. When I think of Iowa, "colts", etc, I don't normally think of Bartok OR ALW. It would seem that the disconnect hasn't yet been addressed, imho.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What up with not revealing the music selections?

The concept sounds kinda neat, but clue us in on specific pieces. :)

Bawker, you know that's how marketing today works. Start a buzz around the cooler about the product then announce the product.

I sure miss the days when you didn't know the show until the day you went to the show. :(

Is this the time to point out that winter, snowy nights, etc, are related to the winter 'solstice', not the equinox? (equinoxes happen in September and March) B)

You know, that didn't even occur to me ... good point! Somebody better get on the horn to Colts HQ. There's no such thing as a "Winter Equinox!" :wub:

edit: sent an e-mail to Greg Orwoll. Hope I didn't sound too cheeky. :wub:

Edited by Orpheus

Well, I wish them luck, but honestly, this corps is still in search of an identity. When I think of Iowa, "colts", etc, I don't normally think of Bartok OR ALW. It would seem that the disconnect hasn't yet been addressed, imho.

Just curious, but do you think of James Bond or Billy Joel when you think of Rosemont, Illinois? - :wub: - And does Santa Clara, California really put you in mind of Russia?

I sure miss the days when you didn't know the show until the day you went to the show. :(

When was that? Between DCI Today, Drum Corps World, Drum Corps News, and any other drum corps related publications throughout the years, not to mention talking to fellow drum corps nuts, you'd still find out who was playing what before the season started, especially considering how many musical selections were used on a regular basis "back in the day".

Colts 2007= yawn

Just curious, but do you think of James Bond or Billy Joel when you think of Rosemont, Illinois? - :wub: - And does Santa Clara, California really put you in mind of Russia?

Cavaliers: I do think of 007 (among other things) when I think of them.

SCV: oh God yes; their '87 show was one of my all time favorites, and I loved their 04 show as well.

Edited by perc2100

agreed.

they were starting to get an identity with the heart land/ americana shows.

<**> <**> <**> <**> <**> <**> <**>

:beer::beer::beer::sleeping::sleeping:

they were starting to get an identity with the heart land/ americana shows.

Agreed. I was thinking it was about time for them to do "The Music Man!" :beer: