Phantom Regiment - Sinnissippi Park CD Review

I saw that the Phantom Regiment online store is having a one-day holiday sale today and I am considering picking up the Live from Sinnissippi Park CD.

Has anyone heard the recording yet? If so, how is the audio quality and would you recommend that I pick it up?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that the Phantom Regiment online store is having a one-day holiday sale today and I am considering picking up the Live from Sinnissippi Park CD.

Has anyone heard the recording yet? If so, how is the audio quality and would you recommend that I pick it up?

I've not heard it yet, but I'm sure it's good.

The CD cover art is terrific. Beautifully done.

I've heard it - in fact, I have it sitting right here in front of me at work.

Tracks are:

Entrance to Rome from Spartacus (2:23)

Canon (1:53)

Finale from Symphony No. 9 (From the New World) (2:24)

2006 Phantom Regiment: Faust (11:57)

Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral, from Lohengrin (1:56)

The quality on the recordings is top notch - even though it was recorded outdoors and live, it has very much the sound depth of a studio recording. (Not surprisingly, Tom Blair, Inc. produced the CD.) The high horns are very crisp, the lows cut through the ensemble nicely, and the percussion doesn't sound as "puffy" as they sometimes do on recordings like this (they don't sound like there's a muffle on them, if that makes any sense).

I would recommend this recording not only on quality, but the pieces they're playing are all Phantom classics, and well worthy of having a clean and energetic studio-sounding copy of. Well worth the sale price, to be sure.

Hope that helps!

Mike

I've heard it - in fact, I have it sitting right here in front of me at work.

Tracks are:

Entrance to Rome from Spartacus (2:23)

Canon (1:53)

Finale from Symphony No. 9 (From the New World) (2:24)

2006 Phantom Regiment: Faust (11:57)

Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral, from Lohengrin (1:56)

The quality on the recordings is top notch - even though it was recorded outdoors and live, it has very much the sound depth of a studio recording. (Not surprisingly, Tom Blair, Inc. produced the CD.) The high horns are very crisp, the lows cut through the ensemble nicely, and the percussion doesn't sound as "puffy" as they sometimes do on recordings like this (they don't sound like there's a muffle on them, if that makes any sense).

I would recommend this recording not only on quality, but the pieces they're playing are all Phantom classics, and well worthy of having a clean and energetic studio-sounding copy of. Well worth the sale price, to be sure.

Hope that helps!

Mike

Thanks for the info and review Mike, I think you just sold a CD for the Phantom Regiment!

It's a good CD. The victory concert stuff alone makes it worth the price imo.

Ohhh...it's good. You'll like it.

B)

Buy it.

It makes the DCI CD recording sound very soft by comaprison. :P

Speaking of which, do the 2006 Finals downloads on the DCI site sound better than the 2006 Finals CDs or is the quality about the same?