With the absence of Gold...

New finalist in 07  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Who will make it that didn't last year? (Open Class)

• Kilties
    • Rochester Crusaders
    • Music City Legend
    • Frontier
    • Skyliners
    • Sunrisers
    • Too early or other corps; eloberate

Yeah I know which non NE corps is voting for this and I am ashamed of them.They have lost a very good supporter over the years."Playing the game" didnt work out too good for another southern corps.I see no reason why they think it will work for them.

But thats just my opinion.You will find lots of people down here standing in line to disagree with me.Get at the back of it. b**bs

Okay, To start off with....the Topic of this Thread is very WRONG. Carolina Gold DID NOT have a guaranteed spot waiting for them in September 2006, they had to fight extremely hard to EARN that Finalist spot. NO CORPS is given a spot, it is earned...so no one can be given the spot you assumed was being held/maintained/kept for Carolina Gold in 2007.

Even though I believe the misconception of the topic was way off balance, I have read through this entire thread and kept silent....until this morning.

Ed, The FALSE statement in your latest post has propelled me to answer your post publicly, instead of sending you another e-mail trying to inform you of the facts.

Here are the facts:

1. Carolina Gold is located in Rocky Mount, NC approximately 7 hours to New Jersey, 5 hours to Pennsylvania, and 10 hours to Georgia.

2. Many of the corps membership traveled from outside of NC. Majority of our percussion line was from VA.

3. More Open Class Corps compete in contests north of the Mason-Dixon Line

For these reasons, the Carolina Gold administration decided to tour in NJ, MD, and PA during the 2006 season. "Playing the game" wasn't part of the equation, and is not a fact but a tiring insinuation proposed by you too often. It was about what made business, membership, travel sense for Carolina Gold.

Facts regarding Carolina Gold 2007:

1. Carolina Gold is restructuring.

2. Carolina Gold is financially sound.

3. Carolina Gold is building foundations with the community.

4. Carolina Gold non competitive status for 2007 had nothing to do with any other group...it's what is best for Carolina Gold.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have no fear...lead sops arent my type. the egos would make even a snare player look elsewhere :P

*cough* not a lead, not a lead *cough*

:laugh:

Here are the facts:

1. Carolina Gold is located in Rocky Mount, NC approximately 7 hours to New Jersey, 5 hours to Pennsylvania, and 10 hours to Georgia.

2. Many of the corps membership traveled from outside of NC. Majority of our percussion line was from VA.

3. More Open Class Corps compete in contests north of the Mason-Dixon Line

Facts regarding Carolina Gold 2007:

1. Carolina Gold is restructuring.

2. Carolina Gold is financially sound.

3. Carolina Gold is building foundations with the community.

4. Carolina Gold non competitive status for 2007 had nothing to do with any other group...it's what is best for Carolina Gold.

Roger that.If you look back,,you will see I edited my comments.

CAtch you in 08!

Edited by camel lips

So if Gold is only 5 hours from Pennsylvania, it would make more sense to march in a Pennsylvania corps this summer! LOL. :laugh:

Lighten up people....this is just a fun poll. I'm sure that if there were a Gold in 07, folks would still be wondering who would getting a spot in finals this year. It is competition after all! b**bs

Looking forward to seeing some great drum corps this summer.

Dwayne

(Special shout out to Sunrisers!)

Now back to the original topic at hand.

"what non finalist corps will take the newly open finalist spot"

I have a opinion on that too. :P

So much for getting back on topic. :P :P :P :P :P

If you're not cheatin'....you're not tryin'....

Always cheat,,always win!(Clint Smith,Thunder Ranch)

I am a firm believer that DCA should vote to incorporate frequent steroid abuse testing.

Juiceheads.

If you're not cheatin'....you're not tryin'....

Win if you can, lose if you must, but always always cheat! :P