With the absence of Gold...

New finalist in 07  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Who will make it that didn't last year? (Open Class)

• Kilties
    • Rochester Crusaders
    • Music City Legend
    • Frontier
    • Skyliners
    • Sunrisers
    • Too early or other corps; eloberate

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So DCA would change their bylaws out of spite for something posted on an Internet discussion group that most of them allegedly don't read in the first place?

Zen.

comp06.gif

How about Sky for tenth? (He said hoping to change the subject away from a topic that just had a thread closed)

Yeah, I know - not again - but I didn't see this until today....

Why would a vote not "mean something" if the Renegades had one? Or Rochester Crusaders? Or (insert name of any other DCA-participating corps)?

Or the part about what constitutes a "show".

So DCA would change their bylaws out of spite for something posted on an Internet discussion group that most of them allegedly don't read in the first place? :doh:

starnger things have happened my friend.

The issue at hand is much bigger than any one corps and their voting rights. DCA has always been a Northeast association that now finds itself in a dilemna. The growth outside of Northeast has been great but now the question is how can it be managed ? Even the corps from the Northeast struggle to get themselves membership and finances to travel across state lines. All Age drum corps by % are much younger than they have ever been when they were deemed senior corps. And it is still the "weekend warrior thing" not a summer tour like DCI. Because things are so unclear as to what DCA needs to do here corps are fighting for their own interests and want to protect what they know. This has obviously caused tension and from what I have read some serious accusations/finger pointing. I hope that this is tackled by the powers that be in DCA and corps can come to the table for the benefit of the enitre circuit. When Carolina Gold decided to come up North to compete it was really based on what made sense as to where the top corps of DCA would be competing in. It was a difficult decision and it required a lot of effort in order for it to happen. However, Carolina Gold is not taking a year off because of it but rather they needed to get a stronger base at home. This is only one example of how each corps struggles with being able to be involved year after year. As I read all of this it made me want to speak up again. People who are passionate about this problem need to appeal to the Board of DCA to bring the corps together to care of our own.

Sorry to be so longwinded .......just want this to turn into something productive !!!!!!

Happy Holidays Everyone !

The issue at hand is much bigger than any one corps and their voting rights. DCA has always been a Northeast association that now finds itself in a dilemna. The growth outside of Northeast has been great but now the question is how can it be managed ? Even the corps from the Northeast struggle to get themselves membership and finances to travel across state lines. All Age drum corps by % are much younger than they have ever been when they were deemed senior corps. And it is still the "weekend warrior thing" not a summer tour like DCI. Because things are so unclear as to what DCA needs to do here corps are fighting for their own interests and want to protect what they know. This has obviously caused tension and from what I have read some serious accusations/finger pointing. I hope that this is tackled by the powers that be in DCA and corps can come to the table for the benefit of the enitre circuit. When Carolina Gold decided to come up North to compete it was really based on what made sense as to where the top corps of DCA would be competing in. It was a difficult decision and it required a lot of effort in order for it to happen. However, Carolina Gold is not taking a year off because of it but rather they needed to get a stronger base at home. This is only one example of how each corps struggles with being able to be involved year after year. As I read all of this it made me want to speak up again. People who are passionate about this problem need to appeal to the Board of DCA to bring the corps together to care of our own.

Sorry to be so longwinded .......just want this to turn into something productive !!!!!!

Happy Holidays Everyone !

Very well said, Mr. Griffin!

Fran