How are the Blue Stars affected...

Let me start by saying this isn't meant to be a bash on either the Blue Stars or the Troopers organizations.

How are the Blue Stars affected by the return of the Troopers?

I ask this because a lot of Troopers went to BS in 2006 because their corps was inactive. Are these members now returning to Troopers? Are they staying at their new home? How is this affecting BS's numbers as far as vets?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something tells me that BS isn't having any trouble filling out their corps. I doubt it would really affect the corps - it would just require some individuals to make the choice.

I agree, BS should have no problem whatsoever in filling their ranks. I guess we will all have to wait until the 2007 season draws to a close to see how the two corps ranked against each other. I wish both organizations the very best of luck and success! And, by the way, welcome back, Troop!

I know of at least one BS who returned to Troopers after marching with BS for the 06 season. The numbers from BS 3 auditions are APPROXIMATELY:

120 brass (of which 53 are returning vets)

110 percussion

45 guard

I would imagine Troopers have benifitted somewhat from some of the corps going inactive.

IIRC, there were only 2 or 3 former Troopers marching with Blue Stars last year, so I don't believe the OP's contention will be much of an issue.

yup.. i think there were 3... and 1 may be staying with blue stars last i heard.

so... 2 lost... but you consider how many vets are back (it was a very young hornline, with only 3 of us aging out from it)... Blue Stars arent gonna have any trouble at all this year.

I am one of the 2 that have officially gone back... don't know about the 3rd

I know that the one that might return to BS, might not, or might not march at all due to money issues... but we'll find out i guess