2003 The Cadets - Our Favorite Things

BD 2000 was performed well, just not my favorite show, liked SCV much better that year.

Cadets 03, overall the show was good, but the red guard costumes against the maroon uniforms bothered me visually the whole show. I had to keep looking away.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BD 2000 was performed well, just not my favorite show, liked SCV much better that year.

Cadets 03, overall the show was good, but the red guard costumes against the maroon uniforms bothered me visually the whole show. I had to keep looking away.

I guess 03 was a year for bad color choices in color guard unis.

I guess 03 was a year for bad color choices in color guard unis.

Yes it actually was; just off the top of my head:

Cavies- enoughs been said about those

Cadets- nice uniform just clashed really bad with the corps

Crown- metalic jump suits that faded into the cream of the corps

Glassmen- what was the designer thinking?

Edited by shawn craig

Cadets '03 is one of my favorite shows. I can't say whether or not it is the cleanest 3rd place show ever, that is just too tough to call, at any level. But those feet sure were clean.

I really enjoy watching the guard work throughout the show, especially those rifle lines. Some very exposed tosses, and not one miss I could tell on the DVDs (not to say there wasn't any on Finals night, but they didn't get one on the DVD). I agree with many of you that the guard uniforms clashed with the rest of the corps, but I still liked them.

Should it have placed higher than Cavies '03? Very tough call, both were great shows and performed very well IMO. I give a lot of credit to the Blue Devils and they may have rightfully earned the championship, but I personally didn't enjoy it that much. I liked the '04 show much more.

I hope I enjoy the '07 show as much as I did '03. I haven't enjoyed the '04, '05 or '06 shows near as much.

Cleanest or not, I think it needs to be said (again) how much progress this corps made late season. I witnessed them getting 4-pointed by Cavies in Houston that summer. It was sad to say the least. But, it was equally as exciting to see them close that gap over the next 2 weeks.

While on the topic of cleanist 3rd place musical corps you may want to pull out the 92' cd's.

One of my fav. Cadets shows yet! It gets my vote!

Yeah, basically most corps in the top 12 that year had GE up the wazoo. Can someone say...Phantom Regiment?

* nods in solemn agreement *

Considering that PR '03 is my all-time favorite DC show, I would agree with that one in a heartbeat. ^OO^