Which Legacy Years Should I Buy?

Which Years Should I Buy?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Pick a year from the 80's

2. 2. Pick a year from the 70's

And I have to like 1986 for Suncoast Sound's incredible Adventures in Time show--I believe they tied BD for first overall in Field Brass, their only caption win at Championships to my knowledge. It's unfortunate the finances turned south for them. There is no corps I miss more than Suncoast, though Freelancers and Sky Ryders would be up there too.

John

Edited by John Mock

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

84 and 79 are my vote. The previous years were great, but when '84 rolled around you could just see the difference mostly due the the judging system that changed that year. The picture quality that year is pretty good too. Maybe a little too many close-ups at times, but the camera really caught the emotion on the faces of the performers, sometimes that's just as entertaining to me. 1984 is probably one of heaviest played of my Legacy DVD's along with '99, '88, '89, and '92. Everything from Suncoast Sound to the top is classic and the rest isn't too shabby either. '79 just because I liked a lot of the music the corps played that year.

And I have to like 1986 for Suncoast Sound's incredible Adventures in Time show--I believe they tied BD for first overall in Field Brass

Actually, I believe Suncoast beat BD in field brass....BD won the overall brass title, tho.

oops mistake

Edited by John Mock

oops, deleted.

John

79...BD...cool jazz...Free, Los Suertos, just pure old school BD

Phantom....Elsa's, organ symphony, Malambo

SCV...vastly under rated show...Verdi's Requiem, Adagio and Lehzghinka from Gayne Ballet, and the surprise Bottle Dance

Spirit....man, you could see where 80 was coming from...old man river, Sweet georgia, let it be me

27th...the warm up version of 1980

Bridgemen....a classic. the civil war and the andrews sisters

Guardsmen best year ever...tiger of san pedro, greensleeves...what a hornline

Madison and Bohemian Rhapsody

North Star.the chrome wall

Blue Stars last appearance to date in open finals

CAvies starting the climb back up...watch that guard

and the Troopers.

man if it only had Crossmen on it

If you're talking 79' Spirit, it would be Georgia, Nutville, Sweet Georia Brown, Let it Be Me.

I voted 82 because the Phantom Spartacus show is one of my all time favorites. But since Phantom isn't your favorite, I don't know.

I also voted 79 because that's the year I marched :) , although not a Open class corps, let alone a finalist corps.

DARN IT!!! I COULD OF SAVED MORE THAN 700 BUCKS?!!?! THIS IS SO CHEAP!!!! IM VERY ANGRY!!!.......well it's helping out the drum corps activity i guess....so it's okay....gosh im so broke

Edited by Bictaa