DCI West New Hope

I respectfully disagree. Brass inventory is a key step, but one of a thousand. Unlike sports leagues where there is an entry fee for the expansion team, in drum corps, the mark is stepping off the first time.

The fact that they were even able to purchase NEW brass in any key, plus the recent open house, makes me think they will hit the field in some fashion in 07.

The US population center continuously shifts west and south. Therefore it's no surprise that any activity that involves people would follow a similar trend.

The fact that they were even able to purchase NEW brass in any key, plus the recent open house, makes me think they will hit the field in some fashion in 07.

I agree it is a very big (and positive) step, but Hypnotix (IN) also had purchased a completely new, full-sized (Div. III) hornline from Kanstul, as well as acquiring drums to use, and they never saw a single field this summer.

While buying horns and a successful open house is a big step, there are other even bigger steps to taking the field as a DCI corps - one of them being DCI's evaluation.

Even if they don't see the field as a DCI corps (exhibition?), I'm sure they will put the horns to good use and build the program even more so to seek competitive status in 2008 (even though I'm obviously hoping it is 2007).

I didn't mean to turn this into another VK thread with my original post, just wanted to point out a few things. lol

Actually isn't most of all the DCA expansion coming in the S, SW and W also?

Frontier, Prarie Sound, Austin Stars, etc....

DCA is expanding everywhere outside the NE. it's called people all over realized drum corps isnt done after you turn 21 after all these years, and it's great to see

DCA is expanding everywhere outside the NE. it's called people all over realized drum corps isnt done after you turn 21 after all these years, and it's great to see

That's true.......age-out can be a real bummer. I've seen kids in tears over it.

If you want to take this beyond just corps that are newer to the field, there have been several groups in the Pacific region that have seen significant growth or upwards movement in placement in the last 5 or so years including:

Esperanza

Oregon Crusaders

Mandarins

Seattle Cascades

Pacific Crest

Something good is happening out west.