... Oh My God. When is the last time a soprano soloist evoked emotion like that guy? There is a spot in the 3rd number, when the sop and bari play together. Like Donny Solinger says, "that's why I do drum corps". Hearing these guys reminds me.

BTW, there are solo's ALL OVER this show. As well, this was the first show Bush ever won... the big one! What a great trip down memory lane.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

86 was a great season....tons of quality from top to bottom.

I still say 86 Sun is under rated

Edited by jeffsnewjetta

86 was a great season....tons of quality from top to bottom.

I still say 86 Sun is under rated

Definitely a good year for DCA. Finals was a great show that year.

Fran

Some of my fondest memories in drumcorps came in 1986 with the Steel City Ambassadors....A super bunch of people, a great staff, and one of my all time favorite drumcorps shows.....There was a lot of emotion on the finals field that evening after the scores were announced....Congrats to all the drumcorps that were @ DCA finals in 1986.....

P.S. I loved the Matadors show that year also.....

John G

Some of my fondest memories in drumcorps came in 1986 with the Steel City Ambassadors....A super bunch of people, a great staff, and one of my all time favorite drumcorps shows.....There was a lot of emotion on the finals field that evening after the scores were announced....Congrats to all the drumcorps that were @ DCA finals in 1986.....

P.S. I loved the Matadors show that year also.....

John G

Obviously for me that was a fantastic night. We felt that we had nothing to lose and performed for ourselves, the staff and the final recording. As a result we were very loose and "let it all hang out" so to speak. I personally was very proud to have my whole family on the field with me that night. Steel City showed a lot of class through their disapointment when they played to us. Of the nine times I was fortunate enough to be in that position, that night stands out as the most memorable.

That was a great evening for us all. I have had the priviledge to work with many people from '86 Steel during my time with the Bucs and now we can all reflect positively on it and they have been able to put it behind them.

Great memories.

Edited by doppeljr

.....There was a lot of emotion on the finals field that evening after the scores were announced....

Nothing compared to the emotion alone in the parking lot after we left the field. And the runthrough, just for us.

Steel City showed a lot of class through their disapointment when they played to us.

A lot of us just wanted to break ranks, mingle and congratulate Bush personally, but I think it was Bill Marshall who decided to march us over and play for you. IIRC, some of the looks on your faces were absolute Kodak moments! - you weren't sure what we were doing coming across the field..

What a great night!

That was great evening for us all. I have had the priviledge to work with many people from '86 Steel during my time with the Bucs and now we can all reflect positively on it and they have been able to put it behind them.

Great memories.

Yeah Dave,

I haven't even looked at the recap that you still have at your house from 86 Finals the last few times I've been at your house.

1986 was a great season for DCA. Two "New Kids" in 1st and 2nd, just edging out the Cabs in one of their stronger eras (84-86). It was cool to be a part of it.