Rochester Crusaders lose one of their own

It is with great sadness and heaviness in our hearts that the Rochester Crusaders must announce that we have lost one of our longest and most faithful members.

Michael McCarthy passed away this week unexpectedly. Mike was a long time member of the Rochester Crusaders as a marching member and most recently as a support staff member. Mike was always willing to do anything for the corps or anyone who asked him to do something. Mike was by far a man with a heart the size of the world.

He loved this activity and was never found far from it at any given point. Please join in wishing both his family and those close to him our condolences.

More information about funeral arrangements and memorial services will be provided at a later time when we get that information.

Rest in Peace Mike. I'm sure you'll make that drum corps in heaven all the better. We'll miss you.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh my very sad news

rest in peace

my friend

Mike...rest in peace and know that you are loved by many.

Mike is a former roommate of mine during my pre-transplant days. He helped me to get through those times. Mike is also the guy that drove the van to Long Island week after week to pick up members when the Crusaders were working to get back on the field in 2004. He did ANYTHING the corps asked of him...way beyond the call of duty. He had as much to do with the corps returning in 2004 as anyone did, outside of the corps management. And he did it for his love of drum corps, in particular the Crusaders. His health prevented him from being a marching member in recent years, but he always was doing anything necessary to keep the corps alive. He worked countless bingo games while the corps was competing as part of his help to survival of the corps.

Mike also marched with The Greece Cadets, St. Joe's, Phoenix et al., but he will always be a TRUE Crusader. I will miss you buddy!

Watch for arrangements and the opportunity to help give Mike the respect due to him. Mike Linton will most likely try to set something up for this to happen.

Peace Mike!

Donny

What a loss for the Crusaders! I remember him fondly and saw his dedication to the Crusader orgaization.

Mike, know you were loved and respected and always know that God loves you. He's now able to march in The Lord's Corps.

R.I.P Mike, you will be truley missed! My condolences to his family and friends.

-Todd

Sad to hear this. My thoughts are with his family......

Wow Mike :(

I can't belive it, seriously.

You will be greatly missed :(