SPLOOIE

FJTDC

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spirit Pride Loyalty Double Obligation Integrity Excellence

Now I have to admit that this one has always been my favorite. Of all the responses to "What does SPLOOIE mean?" this is the only one that I could ever deliver convincingly. Though I'm sure this answer has been around for a long time, the first time I heard it was at the BOA Summer Symposium in 2003. One of the campers, eyes wide and hopeful, asked what it meant and another guy in the hornline turned, and in a secretive tone he told this kid, "Spirit Pride Loyalty Double Obligation Integrity and Excellence". The elated high school student nearly made it out of the stadium before we saw him turn back, realizing the meaning had been extracted much too easily.

But sure, go with the acronym thing, but make sure you don't forget that the meaning is also tied closely to Don Warren's goat, an understudy for the tumbler in the '71 circus show who was later arrested and charged with "accessory to scaling Mount Rushmore" immediately after discovering the answer to "What's 2+3?"

SPLOOIE

Again with THIS question? You'll never get an answer unless

you march there.

exactly right!.....do you ecspect someone from Phantom Regiment to just tell you what "SUTA" means? or someone from Bluecoats to tell you what "6 words" means?

the only sure way to really find out, is to march with the corps