Boston Crusaders

Kids that march there that have played the music, heard the show, etc...

The corps knows.

So far the corps has only had 2 Audition camps. Their 1st Audition camp was held in Florida, Thanksgiving weekend, the 2nd Audition camp was last friday which was only one day in Lynn, Ma. So where are you getting they played the music? (What Music?) The corps just decided last week who will have a spot and who thier extras will be, thier first camp is this weekend. They will start learning the 2007 show. I would like know where you get this infomation???

Edited by bobk9258

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kids that march there that have played the music, heard the show, etc...

The corps knows.

The corps doesn't know, actually. They haven't played through it yet at camps.....pretty much NO corps plays through show music at their first camp (realistically, they've only had their first camp; theres one coming up this weekend though), as far as I know. I could list the corps I know of that don't, but that wouldn't be worth it.

The same thing tends to happen every year on DCP, for whatever reason. If you haven't noticed, Boston waits until being asked by DCI to release their show concept. I don't know how many other corps do this, but I assume at least a few others do the same thing. I've never really understood people that basically DEMAND to know what a corps is playing, as if even though the corps doesn't decide to release that information, they're entitled to know as soon as they're interested in what it might be.

.....why don't you ask the person who told you that they're playing "latin," and ask them to elaborate?

they play the latin show as well or better than any other junior corps in recent memory

Are you forgetting about Madison and BD?

NO

Even the the marimba is a Guatemalan instrument, that piece is definitely more Asian that Latin.

ok.. I'd still like to hear them do Spiritual, It was (and is) a great piece and they did a fine job playing it :P

I smell something familiar here... terrence?

Edited by Vanguard07

Kinda funny talking about Marimba Spiritual being tied to a Latin show. If I remember correctly, isn't Marimba Spiritual actually about famine in Africa? I could be wrong, but I think I remember reading that somewhere in some program notes...Ahh yes......

Minoru Miki’s Marimba Spiritual. The work was written in 1983-4 and was a response to the tragedy of famine in Africa,

That's pretty Latin if ya ask me. :sshh:

And NO, the members of Boston haven't played any of the music from this years show. YET...