Cadets

Conversely, if Hop is displeased at some audience members' actions, he can program shows without vocal amplification. Which is what's happening for 2007, if all goes according to plan. :rolleyes:

I didn't ever boo during the show (I promise, but I didn't ever clap either), but really, it works both ways.

No, it does not work 'both ways'. Corps present the shows they want to present.

You are free to like it or not...doesn't mean you are free to boo or ruin the enjoyment for those who DO like the show via some overt act. Sit on your hands...discuss among your friends...post here on DCP.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That wouldn't have been as effective.

Effective as what? Yelling it so the entire corps could hear?

No... you just didn't want to get kicked out. Hell... you could've easily started a civil conversation with the staff member and express your concerns about the show like an adult. That way, you get that weight off your shoulders and still won't get kicked out of the stadium!!

Oh, but then you wouldn't be able to hear your voice on the recording....

The idea is that, if the corps director and marching members notice a significant decrease in audience appreciation than in prior years, the design team will count this as negative and and vow to change it, so that in subsequent years they make an effort to change some of the elements of the show that caused such displeasure, in this case, vocal amplification. We're not denying the amount of effort the kids put in, in fact I'm sure the Cadets were one of the hardest-working if not the hardest-working corps in the top 12 this year. We want to clap for them, but doing so would give the false impression that this type of show is acceptable in the drum corps world, when clearly it is not.

Who is this 'We' you refer to? You ?

And yes, their 2005 and 2006 shows are clearly "acceptable in the drum corps world"...one of them won the DCI World Championship, unless you forgot.

I hope no corps ever caves in to the riff raff who think vocalizing their own dislike of a corps at a show is an appropriate mechanism to use.

Again, the "NOT DRUM CORPS" thing was with the best intentions. I've already explained this, but the idea is that if it makes the CDs, the kids and Hopkins would be displeased to have it on the recording, and not want it to happen again, so they'll start performing better shows that garner better audience appreciation. I assume the people performing the show want to be applauded for their efforts, so this is an attempt to get this to happen.

No, it's not an attempt to make for better shows. It's boorish people acting in a boorish and babyish way and ruining the enjoyment for themany who love the show, and from the above, ruining the memories of the marching members and fans who purchase the CD's and DVD's.

One of the most selfish things I've had the displeasure to read here on DCP.

No, it's not an attempt to make for better shows. It's boorish people acting in a boorish and babyish way and ruining the enjoyment for themany who love the show, and from the above, ruining the memories of the marching members and fans who purchase the CD's and DVD's.

One of the most selfish things I've had the displeasure to read here on DCP.

:rolleyes::wub::wub::lol::lol::lol::lol::wub:

All I know is that not a single negative post I have made on DCP has been directed toward an individual, but I can't say the same for you guys. I'm just telling the truth regarding how I feel about this issue.

But the only reason you did not ruin the CD/DVD memories for 135 individuals who gave their all is because you might have gotten caught being in the wrong area.

"Can you say 'respecting people with different opinions' boys and girls... I knew you could" <$1 to Mr Rodgers>

Only directed to one person here....

Again, the "NOT DRUM CORPS" thing was with the best intentions.

Remember what the road to Hell is paved with.

I don't believe in Hell.

I think you get the gist of the cliche, though.