Which corps has the overall best home show?

Well, these are all good choices, but my vote (a biased one for sure) goes for the Bluecoats home show in Massillon, OH.

This show is like a major regional year in and out. We have had an average attendance for many years ranging from 6,000 to 8,500, and the stadium itself is perhaps the best non-finals facility in the country. Rockford is great, Giants stadium and J. Birney are great, but Massillon's Paul Brown stadium is the best home show site of any, and rarely will you ever see a show with a more enthusiastic fan base.

No. 1 is the Bluecoats home show, hands down!!!

But that is just my 2 cents. :)

Merry Christmas!

I'll be heading to this show for the first time in 2007!! I think you have Cavies and Devils there!! :blink:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You definitely can't beat the Bluecoats home show! It always happens right before finals, so the corps are at their cleanest. The lineups are always amazing as well. In 06 we had Cavies, Blue Devils, Cadets. In 05 we had Phantom and Madison who both blew the house down. I look forward to this show more than anything!

For me, it doesn't get any better than Phantom Regiment's home show. Always an awesome lineup. Decent stands which are always full. And its always fun to imagine what the beer tent is like.

I know some may say I'm a little biased here since I'm orignally from Rockford, and there may be a little truth to that. But there are several others that come in close second (Scouts, Cadets). I haven't been to everyone's home show but Regiment is the tops for me so far.

The Boston Crusaders have a new home for thier East Coat Classic Show, the Lawerence Massachusetts Memorial Stadium, which is completely brand new. The stadium is a very acessable, very clean and a beautiful place. I can see this stadium as a Drum Corps venue for many a decade. Very very friendly Drum Corps town!!!

The Blue Stars home show is a wonderful place to see a drum corps show. Beautiful stadium looking out to the bluffs, great acoustics, good sight lines, economic food/tickets and large responsive crowd. Can't wait to see multiple division 1 corps preforming there once again!!!

The Blue Stars home show is a wonderful place to see a drum corps show. Beautiful stadium looking out to the bluffs, great acoustics, good sight lines, economic food/tickets and large responsive crowd. Can't wait to see multiple division 1 corps preforming there once again!!!

I agree because the crowd goes nuts for every corps doesn't matter who it is, it's been a div 2/3 show and I think they might intend to keep it that way for a little bit..not sure, but in the 5 years I've gone there it hasn't mattered if it was the Racine Scouts or if the Madison Scouts would've been there the crowd is amazing and receptive to every corps, I think that anyone who has marched there could probably attest to that

Regiment - Show of Shows

For 3 reasons...

1) Alumni

2) Beer

3) Tent!

1. Regiment - show of shows - nothing else like it

2. Madison - Camp Randall (no explanation needed)

3. Blue Devils - RCC - just a blast

4. SCV - Hawyward - AMAZING view

5. Cadets - East Rutherford - (Giants stadium)

6. Cap Reg. - Columbus (great stadium)

Edited by raphael18

Cadets with the Giants Stadium one near the end of season.

Almost a regional in a sense, often with Blue Devils, Cavaliers

I agree because the crowd goes nuts for every corps doesn't matter who it is, it's been a div 2/3 show and I think they might intend to keep it that way for a little bit..not sure, but in the 5 years I've gone there it hasn't mattered if it was the Racine Scouts or if the Madison Scouts would've been there the crowd is amazing and receptive to every corps, I think that anyone who has marched there could probably attest to that

I heard that too. I've never been to a Blue Stars home show, but those who have tell me that they draw one heck of a crowd in every way.

Michigan City is an excellent place to play but the Cavaliers do not always choose that as a home show site.

Do they still serve beer at the Racine show?

Whoa.....that's DCA material......ROFLMAO. :P :P :P