Shows that just, for some reason, you can't make yourself like

Cavaliers 2006- The pacing of this show is really bad. DId you notice the lack of crowd response throughout the production? Hello!!! Wake up people! It is the same show, same tricks every year!! I feel like I am screaming in the dark here! What about the featured soli sections? ie- the baritone soli- what.....one note? over and over? To me, that is not an effect. Same thing for the trumpet soli where they "got stuck". Sure it was cute......but how much demand do you actually think that took? Musicianship?? There was none........that is the answer. Wake up people. At least BD and Regiment kept my attention. I can't watch the Cavies show without: a. Yawning, b. leaving the room because I'm bored

You got cut didn't you?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got cut didn't you?

I actually agree with him for the most part. But, I must watch on DVD when I get it.

I actually agree with him for the most part. But, I must watch on DVD when I get it.

Me too.

Also, I heard more than once that this years ballad and the 04's had the same chord progression or something like that, can't remember for sure. I'm not saying this is true in any way shape or form, but it would be nice for clarification.

Me too.

Also, I heard more than once that this years ballad and the 04's had the same chord progression or something like that, can't remember for sure. I'm not saying this is true in any way shape or form, but it would be nice for clarification.

Dude. The Cadets had an amplified VOCALIST in their ballad in a drum and bugle corps show. But oh no, not the same chord progression! :doh:

That is why we love the Cadets, even the years we don't like them.......get it?

It's not why I love them. I love them for very different reasons. But hey, different strokes for different folks.

I think you get what I'm sayin.....Who wants to watch the same stuff every year. For that matter.....who wants to march the same stuff every year?

Sequal shows not included i.e Scouts 96, SCV 89, Cadets 06

Yeah. I'd hate to see the same stuff every year, but I'd rather have a corps stay exactly the same than change for the worse. I would like drum corps shows to follow a general formula: brass, percussion, and colorguard only (props and unamped vocals are fine), and any innovation should be done within these boundaries. Sometimes, the more restricted something is, the better.

Edited by Hrothgar15