Shows that just, for some reason, you can't make yourself like

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The music from BD 05 is really good, it's just the talking that gets in the way. Though as narrated shows go, it's my favorite.

Agreed, I generally enjoy the music from BD 05.

I had to stop reading this thread. It's just making me mad, too many of my favorite shows have been mentioned. I suppose it's a good thing that drum corps as an activity doesn't settle for just one style of show.

I'll even add that Cadets 2000 really isn't even on my top 5 or 8 list of Cadets shows! *gasp* I'd say 2005, 2001, 1998, 1996, 1995, 1993, 1992, and 1987 are my top 8 favorite Cadets shows at the moment...and 97, 89, and 84 may even still beat 00 to the punch for the top 11.

1993 Star. Supposedly revolutionized corps, no? Not in my opinion. And the music was boring to me. Reeaaaaalllly boring.

If you think Samuel Barber is boring I feel sorry for you. I mean, sure, he's no Dick Saucedo, but give the man a break B)

As for me...

Madison Scouts, pretty much any year. And I'm sorry, but aside from 95 and 96 I can't get into their shows at all. I really respect what Madison is about though. I've always loved their demeanor, so I'll give them that. I'd almost say that's more important than what the show is anyway.

That's pretty much it.

Edited by Einstein On The Beach

If you think Samuel Barber is boring I feel sorry for you. I mean, sure, he's no Dick Saucedo, but give the man a break B)

As for me...

Madison Scouts, pretty much any year. And I'm sorry, but aside from 95 and 96 I can't get into their shows at all. I really respect what Madison is about though. I've always loved their demeanor, so I'll give them that. I'd almost say that's more important than what the show is anyway.

That's pretty much it.

You don't like 94, 97 or 99 ?? Each to their own but its hard for me to think that you only like 2 shows from a corps that has been in existance for almost 70 years (30 + in DCI) :lol:

Triple Forte

1993 Star. Supposedly revolutionized corps, no? Not in my opinion. And the music was boring to me. Reeaaaaalllly boring.

I can see how people may find the show boring, but I think you may be in the minority (party of one?) that doesn't agree on the influence the show had on drum corps.