Shows that just, for some reason, you can't make yourself like

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just couldn't get into Crown 2005. I've saw them live about 4 times. The other 4 times they were my restroom corps. Every other year I love Crown.

2006 Cavaliers were just OK to me. The more I watched the show the less I liked it. By August I was buying popcorn or going to the parking lot. I guess I hold every Cavaliers show up to the 2003 show. (my favorite)

1986- Cadets, On the Waterfront / Wounderful Town. Yuck!

I totally agree. Doing John Cage's 4'33" as the entire show was a huge mistake. And doing the theme as ninjas? And then turning the stadium lights out? Although the contra line having that invisibility field around them was impressive.

If they did the show as ninjas, none of the audience would have lived to tell the tale.

"Thanks for your question, Bill Cook! I look forward to killing you and your drum corps soon!"

Ask A Ninja

Cavies 2005, even though I went and missed the cadet's final performance to get that baseball... I really just couldn't get into that show.

Edited by Vanguard07

1975 Madison - Just didn't like it, and the drum solo paled in comparison to what was being played by Santa Clara, Blue Stars and Etobikoke.

1987 Cadets - Didn't appeal to me. Still don't understand the perfect drum score without going last, and no drum solo. (Kind of like a milk shake without the milk.)

1993 Star of Indiana - Those uniforms and what I consider a boring show.

2002 Blue Devils - The butchering of Channel One Suite.

2004 Blue Devils - Yowza no wowza

2004 Crown - Lot's of talent, but Singing? Make it stop!!!!!

2006 Cadets - Loved the drumming, everything else I couldn't stand. See Singing.

No disrespect, just IMO. (Which is the purpose of the thread.)

1993 Star. Supposedly revolutionized corps, no? Not in my opinion. And the music was boring to me. Reeaaaaalllly boring.

I can't really think of many shows that are almost universally loved, but I'd have to go with 02 and 06 Cavies. Both are just a bit too machine-like for me to love. Phantom 03 is in there for me, too, as is Cadets 98 and BD 02.

I actually like all of the shows I just mentioned, I just don't really like them as much as I perceive the majority of others do.