Best Staff Signing 07

You kind of have to admit, the 2006 Scouts was a bit of a mess from a design aspect. It's not like Rosander all of a sudden just started writing bad drill.

well I still think his drill at scouts in 2006 was awful and that would be his writing style that led to that. And I see SCV's 2005 drill as another major mistake on his part also. Really there were some design flaws in SCV 2004 (dodges flying objects) but they had a stronger corps to clean up better. But 2005 was just hideous. I actually dont think this was a very good move for boston...but again this is just my opinion. SCV on the other hand made very good staff decisions in the off season. I hope more 10-20 corps continue to make big staff adjustments to help stir up finals in 2007...would hate to see a third straight year of the same 12 on saturday night. hopefully the pickups by Crossmen and Bluestars will help to the mess.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Southwind's Percussion Staff

I actually dont think this was a very good move for boston...but again this is just my opinion.

I think Madison has put together the best staff for basically having a completely new staff. But, I am concerned about the visual desginers at Boston. Myron hasn't writen a good drill in my memory, and Michael Shapiro, while extremely talented, and greatly creative, isn't so much worried about the performablity of the work he writes. (Look at Corona this year.)

Really there were some design flaws in SCV 2004 (dodges flying objects) but they had a stronger corps to clean up better.

Yea, like during the 2004 drum break when all the horns are doing those quick box rotatioins and like 12 people are standing on the side doing nothing. I always thought that was weird.

Ive always found his drill to be weird/not my taste. I dont really like all the weird crap, like the drumline drill at the beggining of 2003? WTF?

Edited by Bones758

I think Madison has put together the best staff for basically having a completely new staff. But, I am concerned about the visual desginers at Boston. Myron hasn't writen a good drill in my memory, and Michael Shapiro, while extremely talented, and greatly creative, isn't so much worried about the performablity of the work he writes. (Look at Corona this year.)

See 99 SCV for killer drill. Myron's drill is hit or miss for me though. I like 2000 and 2002 as far as his drill in the 2000's. 05 looked very uninspired, like they told him to go easier on the drill. The Madison drill was insane at times but I thought the ballad portion was very well done and extremly effective.

Myron is one of my favorites because when he is on, he is on and also a big influence on me. Yes, I have a few follow the leader type stuff in my drill that I write.

So as the Boston gig goes, if Myron is happy, I see a killer drill in their future.

Mike Stevens on board as Percussion Caption head over at Cascades is a HUGE WIN WIN Situation and be the needed shot in the arm for the program. Look at what he did with BK in the 98-2000. And Lewis Norfleet rejoining the Team as Brass arrange/caption head will be and excellent pairing. Look at what he produced when he was last with them back in '03..and those Mello Books alone...geeze. Marc Sylvester writing Drill...enough said.

well I still think his drill at scouts in 2006 was awful and that would be his writing style that led to that. And I see SCV's 2005 drill as another major mistake on his part also. Really there were some design flaws in SCV 2004 (dodges flying objects) but they had a stronger corps to clean up better. But 2005 was just hideous. I actually dont think this was a very good move for boston...but again this is just my opinion. SCV on the other hand made very good staff decisions in the off season. I hope more 10-20 corps continue to make big staff adjustments to help stir up finals in 2007...would hate to see a third straight year of the same 12 on saturday night. hopefully the pickups by Crossmen and Bluestars will help to the mess.
See 99 SCV for killer drill. Myron's drill is hit or miss for me though. I like 2000 and 2002 as far as his drill in the 2000's. 05 looked very uninspired, like they told him to go easier on the drill. The Madison drill was insane at times but I thought the ballad portion was very well done and extremly effective.

Myron is one of my favorites because when he is on, he is on and also a big influence on me. Yes, I have a few follow the leader type stuff in my drill that I write.

So as the Boston gig goes, if Myron is happy, I see a killer drill in their future.

I guess the only people who really know are their respective staffs. None of us have been to any of these corps camps, or design meetings, so this is just typical DCP bantering. We'll all find out when we go see the corps in the summer.

how 'bout the academy? picking up crosby, gusseck and hardimon from capital is pretty sweet. UNBELIEVABLE teachers. all of them.

how 'bout the academy? picking up crosby, gusseck and hardimon from capital is pretty sweet. UNBELIEVABLE teachers. all of them.

SCV, Spirit and Colts all seem to have some newbies with quite a list of accomplishments. Crown also has a great staff with what looks to be some minor changes in the brass caption http://carolinacrown.org/Faculty/07brassfaculty.htm.

Edited by passionatedc