Best Staff Signing 07

Michael Shapiro, while extremely talented, and greatly creative, isn't so much worried about the performablity of the work he writes. (Look at Corona this year.)

Performability? Am I the only one who doesn't understand this statement?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Stevens on board as Percussion Caption head over at Cascades is a HUGE WIN WIN Situation and be the needed shot in the arm for the program. Look at what he did with BK in the 98-2000. And Lewis Norfleet rejoining the Team as Brass arrange/caption head will be and excellent pairing. Look at what he produced when he was last with them back in '03..and those Mello Books alone...geeze. Marc Sylvester writing Drill...enough said.

well spoken

plus the vis caption is redone.. good job, look out for the scades this summer

Performability? Am I the only one who doesn't understand this statement?

Sure..I can explain.

MS writes work that is very musical, but is wickedly difficult (exp weapons) and often doesn't take into account the difference between outdoor and indoor envoirnments (read: elements). His guards tend to be very creative, but very dirty.

In Div I Crossmen, Boston and Troopers. In Div II Memphis Sound had a great pick-up with Andre Feagin.

Has anyone forgotten about a certain Myron Rosander at the Crusaders?

I don't think this is for the better....it killed the scouts I thought. SCV had him for some 20 years designing so they eventually got use to his writing techniques and knew how to clean it. I think that is something that hurt Madison, going from Weber to Myron....dot to dot to with the form is probably harder than form to dot to dot. I think where ever he goes he needs to be the visual caption to help educate them about how to clean it for the first year.

I think the number one best pick up is easily SCV with Sly!! Now with Webers drill SCV will be giving Cavies a run for their money. However, the best pick up of a majority of staff would go to Troopers. Should be an exciting summer....

Crossmen for the move to Texas, the new leadership and staff, and for selectively keeping staff like Al Chez B) after moving 1/2 way across the country.

BackBeat

WOW

CROSSMEN 2007 STAFF

ADMINISTRATIVE

Mark Chambers - Corps Director

Fred & Maureen Morrison - Corps Operations

BRASS

Rick Villarreal - Brass Caption Head

Al Chez

Aaron Goldberg - Baritone

Aaron Guidry - Music

Rob Myers - Trumpets

Gabe Musella - Mellophone

Gary Barnard - Contra

Beth Bronk

GUARD

Mike Sloan - Caption Head/Designer

Randi Miles - Movement, Equipment Tech

Eric Bacon - Designer

Bryan Espinosa - Movement/Sabre Tech

Bucky Flores - Rifle/FlagTech

Frances Smith - Flag/Drill Tech

PERCUSSION

Roland Chavez - Caption Head

Cliff Croomes - Front Ensemble

Eric Caraway - Front Ensemble

Chris Hartman - Snare

Sean Fritelli - Bass

Ryan Pride - Tenors

VISUAL

Marc Sylvester - Visual Design

Darryl Pemberton - Caption Head

Jason Bentley

Aaron Barnes

Tony Rideout

Cheryl Lee Sutherland

Joseph Raymond

JD Guzman

Edited by dcifan2002

Hello?! No one's said anything about Sdub and the MCM Percussion Staff. Eric Willie as caption (he's been with Southwind for several years now) and Shane Gwaltney(percussion guru) will be joined by Seth Dahm, Robert Elston, Joe Hobbs, Craig Loeffler, Josh Nelson, Jason Palmer, and Rob Pastor. It's a powerhouse!

Come On Folks-This is a No Brainer! Troopers were out of the loop for a year bankrupt, and previously struggling in the low 20 positions. All of the sudden the 2007 edition is hitting the ground running with a design team that has top 5 credentials in Thrower, Rogers and Rarick (Bluecoats). Throw in a program consultant that is a legend (Koter), and you have the best new staff in DCI! Troopers Troopers Troopers!!!