Best looking drums used by a corps

"SHARKOS!! EVERYBODY OUT OF THE WATER!!!"

These drums would look great... if the weren't Ludwigs <vomits on shoes>, that huge block of plastic at 11 O'Clock really pulls the drum together... <**>

Though don't get it twisted, I love the old school black oyster wrap! :doh:

I dig, too. But why such an anti-Ludwig crowd? Their latest models sound good, and the tenors actually sound as close to Pearl tenors as any other company... If you go with 2006 on, they are definitely a contender, and no worse than Dynasty. Four good companies putting out drums... competition is good!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it the 4-bar setup? I think it looks better that way, honestly. I want to see the cover. I don't want to see 12-bar jail. But frankly, that's the technology of the drum. You can cover Ludwigs any way you see fit, but if the 4-bar thing bugs you, it bugs you. It doesn't bug me, I guess.

Is it the 4-bar setup? I think it looks better that way, honestly. I want to see the cover. I don't want to see 12-bar jail. But frankly, that's the technology of the drum. You can cover Ludwigs any way you see fit, but if the 4-bar thing bugs you, it bugs you. It doesn't bug me, I guess.

agreed.

plus, Ludwigs sound good too.

~>conner

I can't believe nobody has brought up VK! While the best-known VK drums are probably the neon yellow from '92, see if you can dig up a picture of 1993's multicolored sparkle look. Really pretty. ^_^

Those drums had individual prism mirrors.

Garry in Vegas

Those drums had individual prism mirrors.

Garry in Vegas

Garfield did that in 86, too. Like disco balls.

Blessed Sac's tiger stripe was always one of my faves growing up...

I actually helped build the double tenors from old single drums after the 69 season when I was deciding whether to join BS or Garfield for 1970...

Blessed Sac

Not the best picture but:

BlessedSac.jpg