Best looking drums used by a corps

Cavaliers 2000-2002 drums with the natural wood grain. Santa Clara had similar drums sometime in the early 2000s as well. Those were my favorites.

Also, I really liked Devils' drums in 1998 and Southwind's drums in 1999 - black hardware on black shells. Slick.

Here's an additional question for this thread - which drum company do you think has the best/coolest/baddest looking drums? I am not refering to wrap or finish, but rather the drum itself (and I suppose this applies mostly to the snare drum). I vote for Yamaha.

Edited by I Like Drum Corps

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also liked the PR 06 drums, especially the basses. Yeah the snares and tenors were cool with the fade from red to black. But the basses had a double fade with red in the middle fading to black at the edges. In my mind's eye I keep picturing those drums with the Uni's from 96 and I go :unsure:

All of the drums were different. The basses were red in the middle like you mentioned and the snares and tenors faded in opposite directions. The snares faded down to red like the picture shows and the tenors faded up to red from the bottom.

meandmydrum.png

Yes that is me with an 04-05 Cavaliers snare. I was gonna buy a Yamaha snare from a local dealer but the cheapest I could find was $700. Let's just say that this was my Christmas present b**bs (and if you don't believe that's me with my drum I can very easily verify it for you if you are a skeptic).

Pretty drum nonetheless.

Just curious, how do you get drums that were used by a drum corps. There are some cool looking drums out there, and it would be nice to get one.

Early-mid 70's SCV copper drums, cool. 78 BD pearl, "big band" looking drums. Renegades latest. 04 SCV. 04 Cavies complimented the whole show perfectly. 06 Phantom, WOW!!!! Those must have cost some bucks, (if you had to buy them).

Just curious, how do you get drums that were used by a drum corps. There are some cool looking drums out there, and it would be nice to get one.

You have to buy them from a dealer. You can't buy individual drums from Yamaha because they will only sell the whole line. I happened to buy mine from a dealer in Indiana.

All of the drums were different. The basses were red in the middle like you mentioned and the snares and tenors faded in opposite directions. The snares faded down to red like the picture shows and the tenors faded up to red from the bottom.

Heh, shows how much I pay attention to the snares and tenors :P

You have to buy them from a dealer. You can't buy individual drums from Yamaha because they will only sell the whole line. I happened to buy mine from a dealer in Indiana.

Bummer, (for me), but thanks for the info.