Best looking drums used by a corps

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved those Glassmen drums...the ones with the weird orange finish...those were kewl.

phantom regiment 2006. maybe it was just me, but they seemed to be black from one angle and then dark red from another. if thats just me, then they still looked cool.

'93 Cadets

I think the best looking drums I've ever seen in person were our (Blue Knights) chrome drums in 2001 at Boise State. Boise has the blue artificial field that was fairly close in color to our jackets, and the way that the Smurf Turf reflected off of the drums and horns looked amazing.... If only we could've got everyone to returf their fields to royal blue that summer. ;)

I loved 06 Phantom (and their 05 carbon drums, too). I liked the stain on SCV drums in like 97 or 98. It was a fairly deep stain, with almost a redish hue... looked great with their uniforms.

All and all, though, I think Phantom's 97 winter ensemble takes the cake. They used the deep red shells with black hardware that they used in the 96 drum corps show, and put black heads on them. It looked so dark and agro with their all black uniforms. Absolutely scary. :)