Cadets 2007 title

USSBA is already the largest circuit in the country for Marching Competitions and Festivals. With it's good prices and trained judges, it's only a matter of time before YEA really becomes a nationally spreaded circuit.

The band I arrange for is a USSBA band, and I have done a bit of judging for them...but I think on size alone TOB is still larger.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This I Believe was an extremely popular radio program that was created by Edward R. Murrow in the 1950's.

This program featured essays submitted by a wide range of people and dealt with what inspired them and what their guiding principles were in life.

It has been somewhat revived and plays on NPR in conjunction with a revived national project (thisibelieve.org).

I would guess that there could be considerable amount of narration, in form of reading an essay in the format of the program.

Here are some sample essays (you can listen to them too) from the original program written by:

Albert Einstein

Martha Graham

Harry Truman

Jackie Robinson

I was gonna bring this up if no one else had yet. Thanks!

Love Martha Graham's essay, by the way.

that's the problem with a lot of this kinda stuff for me................if it takes that much effort to "even try and understand it",.................."it" is too much,...................

I don't understand what's so hard to understand about a show ABOUT drum corps.

seems to me you just don't want to like it because it's just something to complain about the "new" age of drum corps.

~>conner

Edited by PhantomR

Wow, this thread is simply ridiculous. This proves that some people will take any possible chance they can to bash the Cadets. IT'S A SHOW TITLE!

You guys are judging an entire show based on nothing but the TITLE

Get a life

as much as I hate to say it, I agree.

~>conner

I am thinking about how the Cadets code named some of their stuff in 2005 and 2006. Maybe this "show title" is not the actual show title but more of a description about how they felt when they put it together.

I heard that George Hopkins said that he was trying a lot of ideas to find what was right for his corp. I bet, for the next few years, that the Cadets will have some odd shows.

What about...

A Drum Corps Fan's Dream: A Day In The Life Of A Bullfighter

But you know, god forbid anyone say something critical about Madison.

AFAIK that was never really the official name of the show. I never heard "A Drum Corps Fan's Dream" until they came out with "Part Dos" the following summer. If actually you'd asked me in 1995, I wouldn't have even known that their show had a title, per se. Does anyone know different for sure? I think the title was sort of applied in retrospect, but I might be wrong.