Cadets 2007 title

This I Believe was an extremely popular radio program that was created by Edward R. Murrow in the 1950's.

This program featured essays submitted by a wide range of people and dealt with what inspired them and what their guiding principles were in life.

It has been somewhat revived and plays on NPR in conjunction with a revived national project (thisibelieve.org).

I would guess that there could be considerable amount of narration, in form of reading an essay in the format of the program.

Here are some sample essays (you can listen to them too) from the original program written by:

Albert Einstein

Martha Graham

Harry Truman

Jackie Robinson

Helen Keller

Anyway... just a guess on what the title is referring to.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This I Believe was an extremely popular radio program that was created by Edward R. Murrow in the 1950's.

This program featured essays submitted by a wide range of people and dealt with what inspired them and what their guiding principles were in life.

It has been somewhat revived and plays on NPR in conjunction with a revived national project (thisibelieve.org).

I would guess that there could be considerable amount of narration, in form of reading an essay in the format of the program.

Here are some sample essays (you can listen to them too) from the original program written by:

Albert Einstein

Martha Graham

Harry Truman

Jackie Robinson

Helen Keller

Anyway... just a guess on what the title is referring to.

Thanks for that information.

I hope that everyone gives the cadets 2007 a chance! It hasn't even been put on the feild and I am afraid most people won't even try to understand it. So far I think that the design team has worked hard to make the program very excellent.

Replace drum corps with "band" and you've got a Westfield HS show. I hope they have narration and a bassoon soli too.

Good grief

I hope that everyone gives the cadets 2007 a chance! It hasn't even been put on the feild and I am afraid most people won't even try to understand it.

that's the problem with a lot of this kinda stuff for me................if it takes that much effort to "even try and understand it",.................."it" is too much,...................

that's the problem with a lot of this kinda stuff for me................if it takes that much effort to "even try and understand it",.................."it" is too much,...................

Gary, you da MAN! This is SO TRUE!. If I have to polish off my degree in rocket science to enjoy your show, well, don't hold your breath.

RM - What did we just see/hear?

ampssuck

Gary, you da MAN! This is SO TRUE!. If I have to polish off my degree in rocket science to enjoy your show, well, don't hold your breath.

ampssuck

Yes - I know that this thread is about Cadets 2007, but it seems like a majority of show descriptions are just a bunch of nonsense that doesn't make any sense, nor does it even accurately describe the show. For a number of years, those 1-page show descriptions in the DCI championships program make me want to puke.

ampssuck

It really isn't that hard to understand a drum corps show guys....cool out. Once in a while you get corps putting a bit more complexity into the show, but that doesn't really hinder your enjoyment of it at all. Just because drum corps don't play 5 songs/pieces that have nothing to do with each other and substandard drill doesn't make the shows pretentious, or needing a "degree in rocket science" (wait what?).

Yes - I know that this thread is about Cadets 2007, but it seems like a majority of show descriptions are just a bunch of nonsense that doesn't make any sense, nor does it even accurately describe the show. For a number of years, those 1-page show descriptions in the DCI championships program make me want to puke.

Duly noted.

Incidentally, the show descriptions are written in April so the program book is available prior to the season.

Edited by Michael Boo

Drum Corps shows are like movies...some are "American Beauty", some are "The Anchorman". One makes you think, one doesn't. Maybe you just need to stick to Will Ferrell :-).