Who's left in G?

:doh:

I may be wrong, but I think that Alliance is Bb/F as well. I think they have always been.

Time for a note to Jeff Pastor! :P

Pat

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it safe to assume that sooner or later everyone will be using "any key" instruments? Is it inevitable? Will Kanstul and others stop making G horns? I guess what I'm saying is, " is the G Bugle dead?" It sure seems that way. With the exception of those few corps mentioned, the passion to save G bugles is gone. The corps that I thought would not acquiesce were some of the first to switch, e.g., Cabs, Bucs, etc. It is somewhat reminecient of the old horse soldier not wanting to relinquish his faithful steed for the newfangled mechanical horse. "You can't stand in the way of progress!" is the mantra of those who subscribe to such philsophies. Although some still maintain a pious-like devotion of affection to G horns and to a soon-to-be forgotten era. I guess that's why I teach history and do Civil War reenacting. Does anyone else feel this way, or is this just the rantings of a gray-haired 50 year old?

Kilties are G except for their tubas. Tubas are BBb.

Kilties are G except for their tubas. Tubas are BBb.

The Kilties are actually in "G" across the line. But did march Yamaha "key" converitable contras/tubas, but they were keyed in "G" for The Kilties purpose. Just recently added all new Kanstul Powerbore sopranos, 4 valve contras, and new mellos and baris will be forthcoming. All in "G".

Tremendous Blast has gone Bflat as well :doh:

Drums still in G