DCI Rule Proposals are up

And the funny thing is, I don't think people would really mind the name change that much. I wouldn't. It's just a name.

It doesn't change my experience in the activity in the slightest.

Some of you older folks make me afraid of growing up and becoming amazingly stubborn.

Conversley, I could argue that it's disturbing how easily tradition can be tossed aside.

The name reflects the activity. At this rate, it should change. I would prefer it.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Conversley, I could argue that it's disturbing how easily tradition can be tossed aside.

The name reflects the activity. At this rate, it should change. I would prefer it.

Would you sleep better at night? Would it really affect your life that much?

2007 Rule Proposals

Here they are:

# Extension of warm-up time

# Raise membership limit to 150

# Prop persons not included in membership limit

# Inclusion of electronic instruments

# Position of visual performance judge

# Ordinals decide placement at contests

# Overall effect judges

# Percussion adjudication

# Score sheets 1

# Score sheets 2

# Full set of rules proposals

AT LAST!! DCI comes to the rescue and gives us poor forumites something to yammer about for a little while til corps start putting drill on the field.

THANK YOU DCI!!!!

:doh:

Stef

Who said anything about a rock band? We're talking about drum and bugle corps that would happen to have drum loops and keyboards. No one is proposing getting rid of drumlines and the pit, they provide way too much for overall sound. I love how people say, "Well if we have electronics WHY DON'T WE JUST GET RID OF THE DRUMLINE DERPDERP." You aren't helping your cause at all. Anyway, as long as it's done well, and it moves me in some way, drum corps can do whatever the hell they please. No particular instrument "belongs" anywhere, that is just ignorant. A drum corps won't be any less of a drum corps because they have a bad ### keytar player in the pit

I told you I was being sarcastic in my post. How is this, "not helping my cause"? I don't have a cause. I have an opinion and that is mine.

Would you sleep better at night? Would it really affect your life that much?

:doh:

Who wants to start placing bets on the electronics vote? We already know that Hoppy and Gibbs will go for it, but I wonder who else...

Who wants to start placing bets on the electronics vote? We already know that Hoppy and Gibbs will go for it, but I wonder who else...

Crown voted for it 2 years ago.....and I would assume the new Crossmen director will as well.....they voted no previously!!! :laugh:

Visual judge in stands leads to dirtier shows. Not if the judge isn't limited to the front stands. You would be amazed at what you can see from the back stands. You actually have a much clearer view of the feet and formation spacing. If the judge is allowed to be in the back and it isn't known where they will be, perhaps even moving around between corps performances. Then corps will have to ensure they are clean throughout. Just a thought.

Visual judge in stands leads to dirtier shows. Not if the judge isn't limited to the front stands. You would be amazed at what you can see from the back stands. You actually have a much clearer view of the feet and formation spacing. If the judge is allowed to be in the back and it isn't known where they will be, perhaps even moving around between corps performances. Then corps will have to ensure they are clean throughout. Just a thought.

Somehow, I doubt that. If corps still don't keep their visual program up to par, that will effect GE scores, which will screw the group competitively overall. I really doubt a visual caption head in any corps is just going to throw in the towel say, "Oh this is great, now we can suck." Very doubtful. Besides, corps have already been getting away with extreme amounts of dirt. Have you SEEN some shows in the past, say, 10 years.