DCI Rule Proposals are up

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Conversley, I could argue that it's disturbing how easily tradition can be tossed aside.

The name reflects the activity. At this rate, it should change. I would prefer it.

Since you choose not to support DCI corps already, why should anyone associated with DCI care what you prefer? :laugh:

Changing it would "toss aside" the tradition of what it what and is, so what is the point? It's still the same drum corps at it's heart that it was in my day so I see no need to change the name.

And yet here you are, posting in the junior forum. If juniors are moronic and dumb, go haunt the senior circuit.

I'm sorry...is this the "only good things can be said about DCI corps" forum? I guess JohnD missed that memo when he took over DCP. When you cover #### with sugar, you'll still call it ####. So live with the fact that there will people who are against unnecessary and unwarrented changes. If you can't handle that then you leave.

Kids are becoming dumber and dumber...:;shaking head::

Ok, say you wanted to have a really tripped out, loud, groovin drum break. Grab a MalletKat and a pretty decent synth module with an arp on it...

2 octave MalletKat WS: $2015

(Just cuz it'd be CRAZY) Access Virus TI (rackmount): $2000

Keep in mind that I'm going for best of the best here... These are not the go down to the local music store and pick up a synth that'll "get by" instruments...

Then you'd need 1 guy to play this, have the malletkat split by the octaves to play a kickin' bass line and some crazy arpeggiated pattern... All this timed by the DM listening to the arp pattern...

so, 1 guy, $4015, place the synth in the sound rack, and use the existing sound system the corps already has.... bad***!

Thanks Aaron for the explanation.

Now I have a question.

Say you want to have a second effect latter in the show. Can the same equipment have multiple settings you could switch to for another sound or would it require additional equipment? (We'll just assume the same performer can handle it either way.) Would it depend on what the second effect is? Would additional equipment be needed to create a second or third effect?

I'm sorry...is this the "only good things can be said about DCI corps" forum? I guess JohnD missed that memo when he took over DCP. When you cover #### with sugar, you'll still call it ####. So live with the fact that there will people who are against unnecessary and unwarrented changes. If you can't handle that then you leave.

Kids are becoming dumber and dumber...:;shaking head::

Nice personal attack....

I agree with him, and I'm not a 'kid'. No one says that everything has to be hunky-dory in posts, but I fail to see the point of people who hate DCI and refuse to attend shows...yet still come here and whine and complain about everything under the sun.

Hopkins proposed changing from 128 to 135 because buses became larger and could hold more seats. Now he uses the same reason to go to 150... have buses changed again that quickly?

To be entirely honest, I have already started drifting away from drum corps since 2004. I have liked less shows each year since 03, and only went to 1 show in the 06 season as opposed to the 5 I went to in 04. I don't even post on DCP drum corps forums really anymore. And now that I'm in the military, I don't have time to go see something that is losing my interest pretty fast. If the electronics rule does pass, it won't be too much of a leap for me to just stop paying attention to drum corps entirely.

I know every season when rule proposals come out, people say "if ___ passes, I'm not gonna watch drum corps anymore", and then they do anyways. But I'm serious. The amps, singing, and lame shows have been grating on me for the past 3 years, and if it gets any worse, it just won't be entertaining enough for me to care.

If the above offended anyone....I don't care. Being offended is for chumps. :)

I don't know if anyone has seen this yet or mentioned it, but DCI has left a feedback form, regarding the rules proposal's. It's on the front page of today's DCI News page.

I would suggest that everyone who is for or against would submit their comments and let their voices be heard.

DCI Feedback

Nice personal attack....

I agree with him, and I'm not a 'kid'. No one says that everything has to be hunky-dory in posts, but I fail to see the point of people who hate DCI and refuse to attend shows...yet still come here and whine and complain about everything under the sun.

People who hate DCI aren't going to show are leaving because of the bill-of-goods being sold. People aren't wasting their money on a bad product. The automobile industry is learning that the hard way right now.

Adding more members to top corps = losing smaller corps who can no longer compete. Look at the dwindling number of corps right now, then look back when the membership numbered 126. If you take just the extra members from the top 15 corps, you have one FULL corps. Now take the "extra members" that the corps already have sitting out waiting to be put in and you could probably field 1 more D1 corps. If the number goes to 150, you would have 480 extra members in the top 20 corps. Where are those members going to come from????????