Rules Proposals

2007.8 - Percussion Adjudication  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Pass?

• Yes
    • No

Remember, there's no longer a percussion ensemble judge, but a music ensemble judge.

Percussion judge 2 is the ensemble judge...why they don't just call them field and ensemble again is beyond me

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Percussion judge 2 is the ensemble judge...why they don't just call them field and ensemble again is beyond me

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, they both have the same sheet, and they both have full access to deal with either issue. At least, that's what I recall. Does it work out a little bit that way by their placements in the stadium? Ya...

I do like this proposal...I was not a percussionist in corps, but I can understand that in the 1st half of the season you can judge the "potential" of the show. While you are doing that you can also judge cleanliness. While in the last half of the season you can concentrate on what should have been done since January...CLEANING THE BOOK!!! This rule has promise and I hope it does pass.

because i am not in favor of DCI changing the sheets, as what they do rubs off down the food chain, and IMO, performance sheets should be at field level

and Mike, remember, despite your claims, i did go to a DCI show last year, and i do care what DCI does, because i'd hate to see them go out of business due to stupid rules changes

because i am not in favor of DCI changing the sheets, as what they do rubs off down the food chain, and IMO, performance sheets should be at field level

and Mike, remember, despite your claims, i did go to a DCI show last year, and i do care what DCI does, because i'd hate to see them go out of business due to stupid rules changes

Yes, you went to see a former student. You made it clear that was the ONLY reason.

You really think moving the percussion judge into the stands for part of the season is moving DCI along the 'going out of business' road?

I haven't said much in this thread, as I am ambivalent on it. I see the value in it, and I see why not as well.

taking the guy off the field is one more step away from being able to judge performance. sorry with 60 some brass, there is stuff you just cannot hear upstairs or even 15 rows up.

and if you take it off the field, IMO, it will hurt performance quality and become a contest to see who can hide behind gimmicks and buried in the drill