• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

North America is a continent that includes two seperate countires, Canada and America (or the United States of America" if you want the full name.

So - that's in everyone's world. No biggie - we're all neighbours here.....

So what's wrong with Mexico?? They're in North America as well.

Andy

North America is a continent that includes two seperate countires, Canada and America (or the United States of America" if you want the full name.

So - that's in everyone's world. No biggie - we're all neighbours here.....

So what's wrong with Mexico?? They're in North America as well.

Andy

Waaay back when I was in school I was taught just Canada and the USA. Mexico has become part of the North American free trade zone, but I don't know if that "officially" makes it part of the North American continent. Can anyone set me straight on that?

Waaay back when I was in school I was taught just Canada and the USA. Mexico has become part of the North American free trade zone, but I don't know if that "officially" makes it part of the North American continent. Can anyone set me straight on that?

The UN includes Mexico in Central America. The two major countries of North America are Canada and the US, however, they truely include: Canada, the United States, Greenland, Bermuda, and St. Pierre and Miquelon. However, some countries (the EU for example, include Mexico as part of NA)

[/Cliff Claven moment]

Edited by LisaLisaMoMeesa

what would the point of the circuit be? Seems to me they're doing just fine under the DCA umbrella.

Hate to burst your bubble Chris, but the Alumni movement is NOT under the umbrella of DCA. They merely offer ONE show during Championship weekend is all. There are any number of stage and field exhibitions that are NOT sponsored by DCA but rather by any one of close to a dozen Alumni Corps during the spring and summer months. Archer-Epler (one of the very first Alumni Corps) sponsors the "Brass Reunion", Yankee-Rebels sponsor the "Dixie Stinger", St. Joe's of Batvia (or LeRoy which ever you prefer) sponsor their "Classic", Five Star Productions (which has an affiliation with Westshore) offers the "Serenade In Brass", Blessed Sacrament has their show, United Brooklyn has their show, the Alumni Corps that you presently perform with, the Bridgemen sponsors "Tournament of Stars", Steel City Ambassadors was (and hopefully will in the not to distant future) sponsoring the Steel City Music Festival, Reilly Raiders sponsor their Irish Music Festival to name a few. None of these shows have anything to do with DCA.

As a matter of fact, there IS a loose association of Alumni Corps out there. I personally represented Steel City Ambassadors, Erie Thunderbirds and Westshore (yes all 3 Alumni Corps at the bequest of their Directors/Business Managers) at their very first meeting in Bordentown, N.J. and their first meeting held at the Halloween show in Wildwood, N.J. a couple of years ago.

change the last A from America to Association.

boom petty argument and insults fixed

The UN includes Mexico in Central America. The two major countries of North America are Canada and the US, however, they truely include: Canada, the United States, Greenland, Bermuda, and St. Pierre and Miquelon. However, some countries (the EU for example, include Mexico as part of NA)

[/Cliff Claven moment]

Geographically speaking, Mexico is part of North America (this the view of the US prior to trade agreements). Culturally speaking, Mexico is related to South America. So now we see the U.N.'s logic. Go figure. <**>

Oh yeah, umm, what was the topic? :P