THE Ohio State Marching Band

I gotta few other comments too...

When I was watching the Rose Parade, I thought that USC was supposed to be spectacular, but I was not impressed. But wehn I heard the first chords of Hail to the Victors coming from the U of M Marching Band it gave me chills.

Also, the Northwestern Marching Band has a great program too.

I remember seeing their opener about 15 years ago and the tubas/sousaphones would hoist their sousas above their heads flat out and make a run from the end zone to the fifty with them raised. It was INSANE! HIgh stepping the whole way! Of course, becuase our high school band director went to NU we would up doing that too! It was INSANE for us to do that.

I have heard that the James Madison Marching Royal Dukes are pretty badd### too! They used to be anyways. There is an old story that I heard that one of the football games got cancelled for some reason, but their stadium still sold out because the marching band was going to perform. That is rockin the house!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a chance to see the Ohio State band in person several years ago at a college game at NJ's Giants Stadium. I am not an Ohio State football fan.... but seeing the band do "Script Ohio" in person was absolutely awesome!!!!

BTW, does anyone know if there is any video footage anywhere of the game from earlier in this just-completed college football season, when pro golf great and Ohio State alum Jack Nicklaus was given the honor of dotting the "I" during Script Ohio? I would love to see that.

Fran

I had a chance to see the Ohio State band in person several years ago at a college game at NJ's Giants Stadium. I am not an Ohio State football fan.... but seeing the band do "Script Ohio" in person was absolutely awesome!!!!

BTW, does anyone know if there is any video footage anywhere of the game from earlier in this just-completed college football season, when pro golf great and Ohio State alum Jack Nicklaus was given the honor of dotting the "I" during Script Ohio? I would love to see that.

Fran

Not sure if there is any video footage out there but I was there. It was cool.

Which is cooler?

Jack Nicklaus dotting the 'i' or Sir Patrick Stewart conducting "The Victors"?

jack.jpgpicard.jpg

Definitely Patrick Stewart.

• 2 weeks later...
Southwind does a mean SW on the field.

the SW at the end of the 2000 show comes out of nowhere and is HELLA sweet. the crowd goes pretty crazy for it as well.

OT: SW 2000 is one of my all-time favorite shows from any corps.

AMEN! If you've ever seen Pride of the Southland, you'd know OSU's band didn't come close to being TBDBITL. You can't beat the power T or the opening of the T. (110,000 fans in Neyland think so).

I'd also give props to FSU. LSU, UGA, and USC

Ahhhh...Tennessee marching band.......you must love Rocky Top and War Chant!?! :worthy:

Thats a good point actually.

If you're going to insist on calling yourself THE best band...you should probably....you know....BE the best band.

No free passes if you're THAT high on yourself.

In all honesty, tOSU marching band isn't that 'high' on themselves. There just down to earth good people. As for the nick name TBDBITL, Coach Woody Hayes coined it and made it popular not the band