BD Alumni Corps Uniforms

So at Semifinals and various other performances, BD has an alumni performance. My question is, what would you like to see them in? 70's unis? 80's? Discuss.

Two words:

Ruffles

and

Spats

Madison Scouts Alumni Uniforms!!

I always liked the 1990 edition with the thin stripe of magenta on the cumberbund.

I think it would be cool to see something that integrates all of the different uniform eras into one design... maybe the clean lines of the 90/00s with open jacket style and a cumberbund/drop sash like in the 70s/80s?

I think there are a lot of elements that span the decades that would work together without being in incongruous.

So at Semifinals and various other performances, BD has an alumni performance. My question is, what would you like to see them in? 70's unis? 80's? Discuss.

While I appreciate the thought that the alum ensemble could perform at DCI in some fashion, let me state -- as one who is doing a lot of the coordination for this -- that for right now the ONLY performances planned are Precision West June in Concord 16th (BD's home show), and the DCI Regional at Stanford August 4th. We are not...repeat NOT set to do anything during DCI week at this time.

(Besides...Kingsmen Alumni already have semis locked up.)

As for uniforms...much as I would LOVE to have the classic 80s uni back (I still have one in my closet), it will most likely be along the lines of a polo shirt...similar to what SCV's alum corps did in it's first year.

Believe me, as more things get clarified information will be released.

If you're a BD alum, please go to BD's home page and sign up....the more the merrier!

Any questions about the BD alum ensemble can be directed to me, but in the meantime -- and to keep any errors in speculation to a minimum (like the semis claim) -- I'll ask the mods to close this thread.

Edited by 84BDsop

We are not...repeat NOT set to do anything during DCI week at this time.

(Besides...Kingsmen Alumni already have semis locked up.)

:worthy: my bad, I forgot Kingsmen had the spot. thanks for the info.