Scoring/Placement Rule Change; YOWZA!

So Mr. Fieldler wants to make the GE captions placement count twice to get the new winner.

So, count the GE Visual placement twice, count the GE Music placement twice, The Overal Visual once, and the Overal Music Once (then divide by 6)

These are the New 2006 Finals Result

1 Phantom Wins! 1.5 :worthy:

2 Cavaliers 1.83

3 Blue Devils 2.16

4 Cadets 4.66

5 Bluecoats and SCV Tie with 5.33

7 Blue Knights and Crown Tie with 7.5

9 Madison 9.83

10 Boston 10.33

11 Glassmen 10.5

12 Spirit 12

Edited by mh31496

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this list.

My favorite Phantom Regiment show 1st place. Gotta love Faust.

I like this list.

My favorite Phantom Regiment show 1st place. Gotta love Faust.

I totally agree.......gotta love Faust!!! That screws with the Bluecoats placement too.....boo!!!

hahahaha

Assuming you crunched the numbers properly, this is hilarious!

It also demonstrates the increased potential for ties due to the quantizing of the scoring elements... this could be quite problematic and may be something that wasn't thought through completely.

So, count the GE Visual placement twice, count the GE Music placement twice, The Overal Visual once, and the Overal Music Once (then divide by 6)

True...it could change the results.

I did what you indicated above...and these are the results:

1 Phantom Regiment 1.67

2 Cavaliers 1.83

But your logic is flawed.

If counting Overall Visual once and Overall Music once...why would you not track Overall GE twice...and then divide by 6?

1 Cavaliers 1.17

2 Phantom Regiment 1.33

Or, if you want to count GE Visual and GE Music separately, then Visual should also be broken out into Performance, Ensemble, and Color Guard...and Music should be broken out into Brass, Ensemble, Percussion 1, and Percussion 2...and then divide the total by 11.

1 Phantom Regiment 1.82

2 Cavaliers 1.91

Either way...there are still nine judges. Each judge's rank needs to be counted at least once.

Scott Seal

Figure Skating Judge

Paris, France

So Mr. Fieldler wants to make the GE captions placement count twice to get the new winner.

1 Phantom Wins! 1.5 :worthy:

I like it already! B)

And this is what bothers me about all these rules proposals -- NOT ENOUGH DETAIL. Mr. Fiedler's proposal can be interpreted any number of ways, some of which produces (relatively) big changes to placement order.

How do they vote on these -- in the current proposal form with details to be provided later, or only after a detail analysis is produced?

I'd like to see the full details of what he is proposing along with an anlysis of how much effect this would have had on the last 20 years or so of competition before I can assess the impact of this proposal and take a position on it.

1 Phantom Wins! 1.5 :ph34r:

2 Cavaliers 1.83

3 Blue Devils 2.16

4 Cadets 4.66

5 Bluecoats and SCV Tie with 5.33

7 Blue Knights and Crown Tie with 7.5

9 Madison 9.83

10 Boston 10.33

11 Glassmen 10.5

12 Spirit 12

Thats not what he is saying though...he is saying count each GE twice, and then every other judge once (except percussion...each judge would NOT get a vote..it would be cumulative of the two).

Change the scores to ordinals and you still have Cavaliers with an overall 18, and Phantom with an overall 19...Cavaliers still win.

the easy way to avoid this...

do what the cadets did in 2005.

just win all the captions.

^0^ hehehe

Well, good point .... and I understand your jest (glee?) here.

But where this could have a bigger effect, I think, is with who comes in 12th and makes Finals. Often there is a clear cut winner who wins many if not all captions, but down around 10-15 is where this gets a little more muddled as corps are all over the place in terms of who is better in each section.

So again, without SPECIFIC DETAILS about what is being proposed along with an analysis of how this would have affected placements over the last 20 years or so (not only who won, but who makes Semis, who makes Finals, etc), this proposal cannot be honestly and thoughtfully considered.