1987 Garfield Dissolving Comapny Front

Here's another question....

Do you think its safe to say that this is the greatest drum corps ending of all time?

It would certainly be on my short list. Absulutely beautiful way to end that show. A show ending that breathtaking and moves people to tears...

May drum corps NEVER loose that.

Do you think its safe to say that this is the greatest drum corps ending of all time?

It's definitely on my top 5 list.

Absolutely fantastic, I melt to the Simple Gifts melody every time.

Hmm, it's right up there. Hey Brad, I marched with you! All us 87 guys coming out of the woodwork... :doh:

Igor230 wrote: "I did hear that zingali/sylvester had tried to just have everybody scatter when it came time for them to do the contagen out of the front, but then charted everybody's position for the short hold"

I marched with Cadets '87 thru '90 and honestly can say that the scatter drills were just that. They were not charted, we made them up under Marc's direction. We would practice scattering and Marc would make modifications so that it looked random enough, but we charted out courses. However, we did have to always take the same scatter route so that everybody knew where everyone was going and knew what to look out for.

Hmm, it's right up there. Hey Brad, I marched with you! All us 87 guys coming out of the woodwork... :doh:
I didn't march in '87.

They wouldn't let me.

Well, I was 23. :doh:

The other thing to realize is that the imaginary line of the front, had it stayed together, does move from where they started to where they ended. In other words, the line of the front exists during the whole move and moves forward. We don't see it because the members dissolve and reform, but if they hadn't, if they just did a front, it would have started where it did and ended where it did. Imaginary, but real :doh: . Cool as heck too!!! ^OO^ :doh:

Not to ruin the magic of the move, but if you watch closely you will see the first people to come set in the reforming front are all on yard lines, sort of a set guide for the rest of the front. Still genius.

yeah i do.

Not to ruin the magic of the move, but if you watch closely you will see the first people to come set in the reforming front are all on yard lines, sort of a set guide for the rest of the front. Still genius.

In a way though, that's all part of the great planning of the drill. Man, that is some of my favorite drill in DCI!