Classic Countdown 2007 - new rules

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like they are not going to announce the corps before hand. What do you all think of this??

I think it'll mean I won't be going. I went last year because there were several shows I really liked/voted for. If I don't know what shows are playing, I wouldn't go. There are many shows I wouldn't have a big interest in sitting through on DVD in my condo, let alone pay to see.

By the way: where did you hear this? I don't see anything on DCI's site right now.

Also, what exactly do you mean by "not going to announce the corps before hand?" Do you mean not going to announce the corps and/or year, not announce anything, not announce order, etc? If it's a completely "blind" broadcast, and we don't know the corps year or show, than my above comments stand. If I know the shows but not the order, than I'd consider going.

Edited by perc2100

whatever they do... a theater in iowa would be great... having the closest theater be hours away up in minnesota on a thursday night has made it impossible to go the last couple years.

I think it'll mean I won't be going. I went last year because there were several shows I really liked/voted for. If I don't know what shows are playing, I wouldn't go. There are many shows I wouldn't have a big interest in sitting through on DVD in my condo, let alone pay to see.

By the way: where did you hear this? I don't see anything on DCI's site right now.

Also, what exactly do you mean by "not going to announce the corps before hand?" Do you mean not going to announce the corps and/or year, not announce anything, not announce order, etc? If it's a completely "blind" broadcast, and we don't know the corps year or show, than my above comments stand. If I know the shows but not the order, than I'd consider going.

I agree. Not knowing would make me tentative about going.

There are shows I'd love to see, and shows I wouldn't care about. Not knowing what the mix is will make me less likely to go and stay out on a work night.

If that's the way it is, I think it's kind of cool. It at least adds an element of surprise to the whole thing - not that it needs it, but it would still make it interesting.

Read the press release, which I got in an email.

Only 8 corps will be shown. Which is enough for one evening in the theatre.

No limits on who you can vote for.

Two rounds of voting. Round one will narrow the field to 30 shows.

In round two you will choose the final 8. That makes me feel better. I'll have an idea of who's likely to be in the show.

Will previously selected shows be included also? If so, I might go. If there are truly no limits at all on which shows are selected, including the one show from each corps rule, then essentially everyone will get the chance to select their eight absolute favorite shows. (Of course, most likely not all of your favorites will make the final 30, so there is still one variable to it.)

That aside, the line up will - for all intent and purposes - be the eight favorite shows as voted on by the fans. Who woudn't be curious to find out which shows make the cut? And what about the order? For curiosity alone, I'd be willing to go. And while I already know that my eight favorites are probably going to be very different from the eight shows selected, when you're talking the most entertaining programs of all time, I doubt there are going to be any clunkers to suffer through.

Yes....I have not liked how some shows have been proclaimed all-time classics when they only recieve like....300 or so votes!!!!!! <**>

Even if I had no idea what corps would be shown, I'd still go. It's drum corps the only time of the year I have a chance to see it this big and loud other than summer.