34 + ME

If you are a corps that gets to the final stages of the season and something has taken away that NOW MORE IMPORTANT 35th member....

I am willing to learn a front ensemble part for your prelims performance. You can only perform on the competitive field with one corps, so if you are a non-marching member of a corps, a member of a non-prelims competitive corps, or in a situation where you could join a corps for their final performance so they can be judged at prelims... giving them that sometimes necessary score and marketing prowess...

post here

I started this post after a sleu of emails and PMs from people on DCP outraged by this new rule change and want to help those smaller corps that just need a 34th or 35th player.

and if you are a corps that thinks you may be in danger of being effected by this rule... make MP3s of your show music, pick up some percussion toys, and let us know that you need someone to perform extras during prelims for you. So we can learn the music, and jump in when you really need someone

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok look, while I agree with why folks are upset about this, I don't understand why its such a black and white issue.

If a small corps get to DCAs and something happens and they are short by a spot or two, I would like to hope that the DCA organization would be leniant enough to understand special circumstances. I couldn't imagine a parent organization turning their back on a startup in such a ordeal.

And to add to what I think you are trying to say, I think that there would be MANY MANY staff and volunteers from other corps that would do whatever they could to get any corps on the field that made the trek to DCA championships.

Relax buddy.

Ok look, while I agree with why folks are upset about this, I don't understand why its such a black and white issue.

If a small corps get to DCAs and something happens and they are short by a spot or two, I would like to hope that the DCA organization would be leniant enough to understand special circumstances. I couldn't imagine a parent organization turning their back on a startup in such a ordeal.

And to add to what I think you are trying to say, I think that there would be MANY MANY staff and volunteers from other corps that would do whatever they could to get any corps on the field that made the trek to DCA championships.

Relax buddy.

I disagree...now is teh time to start planning for it. if DA realizes the ####ed up and makes an emergeny amendment to the rules, fiune...if not, this gives small corps a possibility.

Better to plan for it now.

Add my name to that list.Ill do anything to help with the expansion of DCA

I disagree...now is teh time to start planning for it. if DA realizes the ####ed up and makes an emergeny amendment to the rules, fiune...if not, this gives small corps a possibility.

Better to plan for it now.

Could the 10% rule come into play too! God forbid a small group gets 5 new people at the last moment :sshh:

I don't ever count on an exception. To me (and some disagree with me), if it isn't on paper, I can't count on it

the all-age activity operates on a lot of assumptions and handshakes, and in the end, people get severely disappointed or hurt in the process.

I just want to make sure that I am doing everything *I* can do to keep this activity moving forward, even if my beliefs go against the grain and make people dislike me.

I also will lend a hand to a corps that needs the extra one or two members, playing front aux, or i'll just stand there with the mallet and pretend i am playing it!

For real i would love to help the smaller corps!

Just keep in mind, you can only perform on the field with 1 corps at prelims (no limit on Honor Guard)

Just keep in mind, you can only perform on the field with 1 corps at prelims (no limit on Honor Guard)

Well that stinks,

I guess I will have to withdraw my name from consideration then.

Always trying to keep a good man down. :P